Microsoft Windows Vista

rjventre

Does anyone know if Vista Ultimate will contain both the 32 and 64-bit disks in one package? The reason I ask is because that is the way they did it in the Customer Preview Program and because none of the major retailers selling pre-orders for vista, including the microsoft website, specify which version they are selling (32-bit or 64-bit). I have contacted Microsoft several times and they give me a different answer every time I call, so now I don't know what to believe. If anyone has heard something, please let me know. Your responses will be much appreciated.

Does anyone know if Vista Ultimate will contain both the 32 and 64-bit disks in one package? The reason I ask is because that is the way they did it in the Customer Preview Program and because none of the major retailers selling pre-orders for vista, including the microsoft website, specify which version they are selling (32-bit or 64-bit). I have contacted Microsoft several times and they give me a different answer every time I call, so now I don't know what to believe. If anyone has heard something, please let me know. Your responses will be much appreciated.

no its eather you buy the 32bit version or the 64bit version

umm im pretty sure that it comes with both dlewis

correct me if im wrong, off the top of my head it come with both

edit:after i thought on the top of my head

i found this

http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/winvista_ff_x64.asp

http://www.anandtech.com/systems/showdoc.aspx?i=2780&p=2

im sure there are others that say the same thing

IMO, the choice is clear.......if you dont have a 64bit processor, well...32bit version of vista is your choice, if you have a 64bit capable processor ;) ....i dont see any reason why not go 64bit (even though you can do 32bit as well)......

Vista will be shipped in either 32bit or 64bit versions - not both....im pretty sure of this

Q: Is Windows Vista a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system?

A: Virtually every Windows Vista product edition (with the exception of Starter) ships with both 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64) versions on the same DVD. Microsoft expects the computer buying public to switch to x64 during Vista's lifetime. There will not be an Itanium version of Windows Vista.

Thank you all for your responses, they were much apreciated. I guess I will pre-order Vista from Microsoft and hope it come with both the 32 and 64-bit versions. If anyone else has any other thoughts or any other links to sites that might provide answers, please post. Thanks.