What Does This Mean?

wyantm06

the person testifying on behalf of the party mentioned is testifying to support the parties position.

say you saw a murder. you would be called as a witness to testify on behalf of the prosecution stating what happened etc.

(am neither a lawyer and am sleepy. so just look it up on yahoo if you need the legalistic definition) :buck2:

Ok well my second hand shop got robbed. It says that I am ordered by the court to come testify on behalf of some guy. I don't get it? That's not the dude who robbed my store...I know the persons names.

Regardless you need to show up or your in trouble and if you did nothing wrong you have nothing to fear, besides it's their game and you'll have to answer their questions.

Hahaha granpa...you didn't do anything wrong :undecided:..I used you as an example for Wyantm06...of someone 'testifying on behalf' of someone...I was *agreeing with* (supportive of) your statement:

[/quotRegardless you need to show up or your in trouble and if you did nothing wrong you have nothing to fear, besides it's their game and you'll have to answer their questions.e]

But you're probably just jokin' me  :grin:

Hahaha granpa...you didn't do anything wrong :undecided:..I used you as an example for Wyantm06...of someone 'testifying on behalf' of someone...I was *agreeing with* (supportive of) your statement:

But you're probably just jokin' me  :grin:

Wow, I had to go back and see what I had said, couldn't remember, but thanks, for helping out.  :smiley:

By the way I just found some chains, I read that somewhere so it reminded me.  :undecided:

edit: fixed quote