Watermelon CREATIONS!

Ryan314

DAAAAAMN, that shit is insane!  Have you ever seen the square or pyramid watermelons?

They're crazy.  I found out how they do it, when I first heard about them I was told that they were genetically engineered... but I knew that had to be wrong because to be able to do it like that they would have to have had either dormant genes from watermelons or a spliced gene from a plant that grows that way.  I just couldn't think of anything in nature that grows into a square shape... it's just not natural :-P --- but I found out (and I figured that the gene deal couldn't be true... whoever told me that was retarded) that they put the young melons into glass cases shaped like the shape they want the melon to grow into and the melon fills the glass case and take that shape.  Cool huh.  A smart farmer figured out a way to sell the same old melon for 10 times the price.  BTW, Made in China (or somewhere in Asia) ;-) -- I'm going to add some attachments.

DAAAAAMN, that shit is insane!  Have you ever seen the square or pyramid watermelons?

They're crazy.  I found out how they do it, when I first heard about them I was told that they were genetically engineered... but I knew that had to be wrong because to be able to do it like that they would have to have had either dormant genes from watermelons or a spliced gene from a plant that grows that way.  I just couldn't think of anything in nature that grows into a square shape... it's just not natural :-P --- but I found out (and I figured that the gene deal couldn't be true... whoever told me that was retarded) that they put the young melons into glass cases shaped like the shape they want the melon to grow into and the melon fills the glass case and take that shape.  Cool huh.  A smart farmer figured out a way to sell the same old melon for 10 times the price.  BTW, Made in China (or somewhere in Asia) ;-) -- I'm going to add some attachments.

haha thats awesome! Have you ever seen the bamboo "money tree's"

they are like bamboo, but spiraled into different shapes and stuff. I read its actually a very long process to make them which involves spinning them in the sun.

haha thats awesome! Have you ever seen the bamboo "money tree's"

they are like bamboo, but spiraled into different shapes and stuff. I read its actually a very long process to make them which involves spinning them in the sun.

ryan there is a plant called a lucky bamboo...which is actually live green bamboo...the pic u posted is the money tree (pachira) which can be up to 7 ft tall...but the two aren't related...the braiding on the pachira is done by hand in the greenhouse when they r small...

the bamboo...i'm not sure how it's done before u buy them...i have a few of them and new shoots growing which i'm training...er trying to train...we'll see how it turns out...so far so good for now tho...

btw...i'm not the plant expert...my daughter is...i get all i know from her :)

good idea...i just might do that ryan...the one parent plant is one of three others...er i should say was one of three others...that spiral like a staircase...but it died...so i was removing it and when i got to the roots there was the baby...so cute...'bout 2 inches tall and was submerged under the water...so i just cut the dead momma off just above the baby and gave her a proper burial in my kitchen trash...and moved the baby up higher in the cluster so the leaves r above the water now but the roots r still in...

good idea...i just might do that ryan...the one parent plant is one of three others...er i should say was one of three others...that spiral like a staircase...but it died...so i was removing it and when i got to the roots there was the baby...so cute...'bout 2 inches tall and was submerged under the water...so i just cut the dead momma off just above the baby and gave her a proper burial in my kitchen trash...and moved the baby up higher in the cluster so the leaves r above the water now but the roots r still in...

Awesome, too bad that baby will be living without a mother tho.  :undecided:

Nice find Ryan. And this came from the same link sort of. YES, another dum ass crook.  :2funny::haha::2funny:

VALPARAISO, Ind. -- A man suspected of selling $9,000 worth of stolen musical equipment made it easy on investigators when he returned to a pawn shop, walking right into police custody.

Burton Montgomery, 20, Valparaiso, strode into the Ameripawn store Tuesday as officers were there to get information on him as a suspect.

"Who would have thought when the police were there investigating that the guy would walk right in?" Porter County Sheriff's Sgt. Tim Emmons said.

He faces a charge of conversion on allegations that he helped in the Nov. 21 theft and sale of the musical equipment taken from the home of a member of the Ball Brothers, a gospel group.

Montgomery led police to the alleged burglar, who was arrested and charged. Police said the man admitted breaking into the home and stealing keyboards, digital memory cards, about 350 CDs and other items.

http://www.davesdaily.com/out.php?id=23410&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.indystar.com%2Fapps%2Fpbcs.dll%2Farticle%3FAID%3D%2F20070106%2FLOCAL%2F701060486%2F-1%2FZONES04