For HDTV Experts, whenever my screen is black there are white "crackles"

Guest Kilroy44

Guest Kilroy44

I need some help from any buddy that knows alot about HDTV's, I have a Dell W1700 LCD tv and whenever Im playing a video game on my 360 or PS3 in Hidef (720P or 1080i), whenever there is a black screen, or blackness to the screen some white crackles flash speratically throughout the screen, Does anybuddy know what this is, and if so how to fix it? It doesnt do this when watching dvds.

Any help would be much appreciated

I took a look at the support forums on dell's website.. It looks like the xbox 360 causes problems on that platform for some reason.. Here is another problem, far worse than yours, that has yet to be solved...

http://www.dellcommunity.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=dce_W1700LCD&message.id=14610&query.id=206795#M14610

Okay....what a coincedence.....I do not know a lot about TV's but !, if you find a thread out here on testmy.net that I have started.....

I have a plasma tv and I have had the same problem you have for the last 2-3 weeks or so....White dots appearing all over my screen, they are there when the screen is light, just harder to see...but when the image is dark/black it is very much easy to see

I had a bestbuy guy come out to look at it today, and they are gonna replace some Y and Z board on there...they dont really know which part needs replacing, but ....they will replace both of them

thank god I have extended warranty, as these parts are 300-400 each, plus labor !!!

Guest Kilroy44

Here is a bad picture of what the problem is, sorry for the picture being such hi res in advance. The blue static line above th blurred words is what im talking about, and they speratically appear and dissappear while the tv is outputing in 720P or 1080i

Maybe this helps?