router problem

I've got a new Linksys WRT54G router and it unfortunately keeps blocking up on me every day :(

It blocks up every night (every 24 hrs) and a manual restart fixes it (web interface still worked I believe). That leads me to believe that it is something with the settings that messes it up since it doesn't fail in between those 24 hrs.

Right now it's set up as an Internet Gateway (shares connection) with DHCP server on.

Operating Mode: If the router is hosting your Internet connection, select Gateway mode. If another router exists on your network, select Router mode.

It has the wireless connection turned on too with encryption enabled.

Before when I had only a wired router everything was fine. Now, also, when I turn my computer on for the first time, when I go to check my email with Mozilla Thunderbird, AVG Free's Mail Scanner keeps coming up every time and before with the wired router I never noticed it come on because it didn't (it came up only once or twice when I restarted the router I believe..

Any thoughts on what blocks it up and whether the above settings could be the reason..? Thanks for any replies.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention. I upgraded yesterday to the latest firmware. Waiting to see what would happen tonight, but based on the AVG AutoPOP3 scanner, I guess it would be the same as before. Although the firmware release document mentioned a DHCP server fix for the newest firmware. I thought I'd post here if anyone has had a similar problem with their router and see what the fix was. By the way I'm connected by cable to the router if it makes any difference. Thanks for the fast reply Sparticus :)

No such luck :(

Still blocks up even with the latest firmware. Funny thing I noticed - right now, I guess before it blocks up, some websites such as Google Image Search (not Google web search), Yahoo, Gmail websites do not open. Testmy.net opens of course. I guess after a bit the whole Internet connection would've gone to hell but I maybe "caught it".

A DNS server issue maybe is causing this? The Internet Gateway thing maybe, because of the previous wired router that I had there was no Internet Gateway created in my Network Connections for instance.. I don't want to restart my router every day.. HELP!! :D

Oh yeah, forgot to mention. I upgraded yesterday to the latest firmware. Waiting to see what would happen tonight, but based on the AVG AutoPOP3 scanner, I guess it would be the same as before. Although the firmware release document mentioned a DHCP server fix for the newest firmware. I thought I'd post here if anyone has had a similar problem with their router and see what the fix was. By the way I'm connected by cable to the router if it makes any difference. Thanks for the fast reply Sparticus :)

No problem man.  :haha:  Our titles are experts and we can't figure it out.

I too have that problem, a Netgear RP614 (kinda old) and for some reason it locks up too, but insted of being after 24h, its after a certian dl limit (I think its like 506MB) and then it just locks up. I dont really care anymore since I just have one PC and its conected directly to the internet... although on some ocations I migth just pick up the xbox and play a lil bit online (just to get my butt whoped XD). If someone can answer this, however, Im interested too.