wireless spoof

mudmanc4

I have been trying to set-up a wifi, for someone, for a while.  It's the standard lynksys "g". The connection is good for the wired box's, and most of the time for one wireless (unless you reboot the machine). I can't seem to get two wireless going at the same time. (using the same SSID & code).When you get a wireless box setup, all is good, until you reboot, then it can't locate the router, Other times it will find the router, but not the internet connection. :icon_scratch:

I made sure the cards in each of them were "g" capable.And were set to allow DHCP from the router.

LMK what else you need to know. Thanks

After you reboot is the password still there in the wireless computer? Sound like you are losing the password.

nope,it's always gone. your correct, and I can't seem to find the save setting.And it always goes back to "default" which has no connection. The only way to delete the default connection , is to master reset the thing.Then , it comes back on as default and will not allow a wireless connection . So in turn , I create a new one.

Right click the router signal in the toolbar then click on Open Configuration Utility,then click on Site Survey click on your signal it should ask you for your password ,put it in there. You might have hit refresh to find your signal.

Yep , good one been there a couple a dozen times.There should be a setting in the web interface somewhere to save as default.

BTW , this is the second router , the first one was defective , you could not access the web interface from any active connection ,so you could' not set security settings wired or not.

The assumption of two bad routers in a row has to have odds in the millions.

Why can I not create a connection on the default setting?  WTF

Its really not that difficult , I have at least a couple dozen wireless installations under my belt.

Look out router :knuppel2: your going back to your maker  :haha: :haha:

What does it  say  on the Profiles page when you open up Configuration Utility. Mine says Under profile it says Default/Under SSID it says my host name.

I'll have to get bake w/ you on that one, i'm not 2 the location right now.

But as I remember , it says  "default lynksys ****" 

**** meaning a variable it chose as ssid

But will not allow any connections

Does it stick with just the default configuration?  no encryption, linksys SSID, etc.? 

I believe I understand the question ( stick with) , does the default connection have any encryption,  the answer is no, and does not accept any configuration of it. And states  "unsecured connection"Although It does give an SSID.

Should the router not allow me to set any profile to default configuration? Just due to the fact of mobile wireless as I may take my machine elsewhere and use other connections , having them stored to be active while I roam the earth?

What I meant was if you plug the router in with no encryption and the default SSID does the computer connect after the computer reboots?  I would clear out the stored wireless connection that you dont use on a regular basis.

No , it will lose connection to the modem first, then the access piont.

I'll clear all, again. There has only been , two connections (profiles), the default , and another I try, simply to connect.

Had them all on , (one wired, three wireless), and each and every one failed within a short time period.

Could there be a (frequency  /  MHz) issue? Interference of some kind?

well the saga continues.  :lol:

Rebooted all  ; modem , wireless router, and all machines . Again :). Good thing is , they all were assighned IP's and security, (or so It seem , the security part.)

:computer::biggun::-|

well the saga continues.  :lol:

Rebooted all  ; modem , wireless router, and all machines . Again :). Good thing is , they all were assighned IP's and security, (or so It seem , the security part.)

:computer::biggun::-|

Put your signature in this post as well.  :haha: