Which LCD should I get

RAINMAKA

I picked up the Samsung 19" BW LCD last week.  It is working real well, have it hooked to an IBM Think Pad T43. 

Circuit City had best price at the time. 

I'm not sure I have it hooked up right.  I attached the Analog cable, but not the Digital cable.  Anyone know if I should hook up both cables to one machine or does the different cables allow me to hook up the single monitor to 2 computers?  ie. use Digital on 1 the IBM Think Pad and Analog on an older Gateway?

Appreciate any advice.

On Samsung's website the monitor comes with a 3 year warranty, so if something happens do you think I will be able to go back to Bestbuy and get a new one or will I have to ship it Samsung? Curious about this before I buy a warranty from Bestbuy that I dont need. I would assume that if I have dead pixels out of the box I have a few days to return it to Bestbuy.

lookslike the Samsung is the winner , try and find the full details on the Samsung site about the warranty , and print it out ,

I do agree on not having 2 warranties running , especially if you have to pay for one of them ,

I hesitated buy a tfl monitor because I would not have been able to live with dead pixels,

not sure on your consumer rights in the USA , but I would have taken them back if they had any, and made some noise , if all else failed 

I was looking at getting the Samsung 225BW from Bestbuy because I have a gift card. Then I saw this Dell LCD posted on another forum, which do you think will be a better monitor. Price doesnt really matter because they will come out to be the same.

Samsung 225BW

Dell E228WFP

the dell is brighter and has a higher contrast ratio + its cheaper

Might as well ask my questions here as well :smile2:

I have been looking for a  great LCD myself, for a while. I game alot and would like transfer times to be better than my standard CRT. I have heard someone has recently put out a 2ms digital unit, but I can't find it yet.

Any high end PC gamers out there w/  suggestions?

Might as well ask my questions here as well :smile2:

I have been looking for a  great LCD myself, for a while. I game alot and would like transfer times to be better than my standard CRT. I have heard someone has recently put out a 2ms digital unit, but I can't find it yet.

Any high end PC gamers out there w/  suggestions?

you will never notice any ghosting on a LCD monitor if it is 8ms or lower, even on a 12 or 16ms its hard to see it.

but here is your 2ms monitor http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824001085

you will never notice any ghosting on a LCD monitor if it is 8ms or lower, even on a 12 or 16ms its hard to see it.

but here is your 2ms monitor http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824001085

Here's another one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824254006

Also 19", 2ms.

I've bought several of this brand, not a bad pixel yet.

Thanks people, They appear to be good, but after reading the comments, I think i'll stick w/ a CRT. At least until they can resolve the angle of viewable degree.  :smile2: