HughesNet Help!!!

rjventre

I have two problems that I am having with HughesNet. First, let me tell you that I am on the Small Office plan, using an oval .74m Direcway Brand dish, and I use an HN7000s modem. My first problem is; when I type in a URL and click go, the browser (IE7) says waiting for whatever site I am going to for at least two minutes before it finally starts loading the page. For example, it will say "waiting for http://google.com/". It hangs up like this on a regular basis. My second problem started just this past weekend, my download speeds drop below 600K at night. I was used to this problem on the consumer plans, but when I switched to the business plans, I never had the problem. Normally the worst my speeds ever get is about 1400k and that is the absolute worst they ever get at the highest peak times. Now, my upload stays consistently at 270k or above, its just my download that started dropping all of a sudden this past weekend and it is still doing it. Sorry for the long post, but if anyone can help, please post. Thanks!

I do know they are updating things at the NOCs this week so that might be affecting you.  I have had connection problems this week as well.  I would work though it this week and wait to see how it performs in a few days.  If it continues, then I would call Hughes.  You get a little more clout when you are on a busniess plan anyways.