Activate Windows & Connect Prob.

BlazingSpeed

Hello all...well I just formated my desktop's HD and installed windows xp again. Everything went great, computers running faster but now when I get a activate windows within 30 days. When I try activate by internet it wont connect. My wireless adapater wont come up and when i tried to connect straight from the cable modem nothing.

Then when i've tried to set up a connection, nothing happens. No icons in system try or anything.

Tried putting in the linksys disk for my adapter, set up screen will pop up for a second then disapear. Dont really know whats going on. Any suggestions? or fixes.

Thanks in advance.

Seems like a driver problem, with de driver cd in the drive, go to control panel/system/device manager, when you see your wireless network adapter it should appear with a little yellow icon, right click on it and chose update driver, that should solve the problem, same happened to me

Yeah, worked out perfect. Then my monitor wouldn't get off of 640x480. Just happened to update the drivers like he mentioned and another problem solved. All is well now, so glad I formated, its running so much faster, my new laptops almost getting jealous lol  :grin:

Thanks again...man I love this site :smitten:

Invite some of your friends here! We rely on verbal advertising only. :grin2: