ANyone to hep with directway!!!!?

jim2006

Used satellite since 1999, started with the old DRS system(DW3000) then DW4000, no nothing about the DW6000 though, sure I can help about some, since its not used here though I will not be able to share screenshots or the like.

Now on dialup as I am waiting on ISDN.

A few tips for Newbie Sat people. Most of us judge our sat performance by how quick something uploads and downloads, but here are a couple of tips that will help. Go to internet options , delete temp files ,and cookies, and clear your history, then run a upload /download test. You will be amazed just how much this ads to the speed of your web browsing. I also highly recomend System Mechanic 5, You can download a free 30 day evaluation copy from www.iolo.com Use thier reg cleaner and thier invald file cleaner ,and you will also notice a little more improvement. Adaware or even the spyware remover that comes with SYS5, will also help-. SYS5 can be found at Walmart for $29.95  Sys 5 also has a cookie manager that will help. A few minutes each day will make you much happier.  Remember too, that weather plays a part in Sat. performance. You'll do much better on a clear day ,than a day where it's rainning or snowing. Hope these few tips help some of you BD51

Hey peeps. This is my 1st time here as I just got my DW6000 online. Thus far I am not entirely pleased with the 800 up and 100 down speeds that I have been getting. I have tryed everything from reg. entrys to self-tweak programs to get a better speed but have had no luck.

Any ideas out there?

Also, isn't there a way to increase singnal strength to play online games? 100.00 a month just to flip internet pages is just, well, not worth it. :confused1:

:cry:

Didn't do much to my settings. Thanks for the info all the same. I miss my cable! :mad2:

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 937 Kbps about 0.9 Mbps (tested with 2992 KB)

Download Speed is:: 114 KB/s

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net/

Bottom Line:: 17 times faster than 56K you can download 1MB in 8.98 second(s)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/cgi-bin/get.cgi?Test_ID=H1Z2WFXVM

Hey peeps. This is my 1st time here as I just got my DW6000 online. Thus far I am not entirely pleased with the 800 up and 100 down speeds that I have been getting. I have tryed everything from reg. entrys to self-tweak programs to get a better speed but have had no luck.

Any ideas out there?

Also, isn't there a way to increase singnal strength to play online games? 100.00 a month just to flip internet pages is just, well, not worth it. :confused1:

Signal strength isn't gonna help you, itr's the signal lag time, that makes the games unplayable. They stated this in thier ad when I bought my system, I guess you were unaware. You are right, when you say cable is a much better option for this. maybe you are in the same situation I am. The cable people here bite. BD51

If your using a [glow=blue,2,300]DW6000[/glow] and its not on a commercial account (business just increases the FAP)....speed is about average if not better than average, if your pushing 100kbps up your doing way better than me. My downloads peak at 1350 aveage 1000kbps, upload is ALWAYS under 50 most of the time under 20kbps during peak hours. The Dway post thats over 1500Kbps you can almost guarantee there running a [glow=red,2,300]DW4000[/glow]. If you keep watch in here and other places you will read about peoples download speed drop below 200kbps during peak hours.....that has not happened to me yet! I do notice a slow down between pages at times and my upload comes to almost a stand still during daytime hours.I switched from cable as well....only because it was capped at 128Kbps and it was down quite often for $45/month. Dway does express the issues about speed advertised only at 400Kbps, gaming issue because of latency and FAP. If has been less than thirty days I think you can send it back. If your hoping to get 5Mbps (I'm sure they could let us), afraid you got on the wrong bus. Its not bad if you have no other options for higher speed and thats about it. :book1:

:) Yeah I don't think ppl are ignoring others asking for help, as VanBuren said there are not many of us with Satellite knowledge,  I know more about rocket science than Satellite connections, LOL ...so I guess ppl should go to the DirecWay forum and if its possible someone will help them........ but thanks for your concern jim2006... :)

8) Microwave

I've been with direcway for over a year now and have never been satisfied. While my download speeds are pretty good ranging from 300k to 700k per sec, its virtualy impossible for me to upload anything at all. Its so slow a simple http request takes anywhere from 5 to 15 seconds depending on the time of day. In the past 48 hours I've spent 8 hours on the phone with tech support and now I'm waiting on a call from a direcway engineer. This is my second system on D'way runing XP and i get the same results, so i know my system is not to blame here, not to mention the fact dial up is faster.

I have been using the DW6000 for over a year now.  During the last 30 days all service seems to have gone to the dogs.  After 20+ calls to Support (Level 1 and in some cases Level 2) the speed has gotten worse instead of better.  DW even sent the installer back out to recalibrate the dish.  My speed has run from 125kbps up to a maximum of 903kbps just today.  Something has happened in the last 30 days but nobody seems to want to tell me anything.  Anybody out there experiencing similar problems?

I've been with DirecWay for over a year now and have never been satisfied. While my download speeds are pretty good ranging from 300k to 700k per sec, its virtualy impossible for me to upload anything at all. Its so slow a simple http request takes anywhere from 5 to 15 seconds depending on the time of day. In the past 48 hours I've spent 8 hours on the phone with tech support and now I'm waiting on a call from a DirecWay engineer. This is my second system on D'way runing XP and i get the same results, so i know my system is not to blame here, not to mention the fact dial up is faster.

It's not the azimuth setting ,it's the other setting that got screwed up. The guy actually had to hook up his laptop to the dish, in order to dial it in ,so that the actual up/down speed returned.I do remember, it took a level2 or 3 tech to do the proper diagnostics to determine that that was my problem.I do remember that he changed no parts at all. If that dish aint dead on, you get crap for speed. and it doesn't take much to misalign it either. In my case it was a rather large hunk of ice from a nearby big pine that did the trick. I don't know of any other way to have it tested ,unless you know an installer. I took my guys name and address, and used him again, when I moved. Maybe going thru Direcways help books, might shine a little light on your problem, if you have the time. BD51 

Polarization? And you say this didn't affect the signal strength show on Navigator? I wouldn't be suprised if that were it, nor would I be suprised if I paid an installer to come out and have him say no, its just fine. The level 2 tech guy put me on hold forever to do some checking, maybe thats what he was chekcing, Next steap is waiting 2 or 3 days for a engineer to call me back.  I dont know.. No way I'm throwing more money at this systyem. I miss file transfers, I miss gaming, I'm not a downloader, and ISDN has already been ordered.

Thanks for the advice though, thanks a bunch!

P.S. Sorry if I sound frustrated, I'm frustrated.    :twisted:

Today I called DW support for the 22nd time in the last 30 days.  My speed was down to 125kbps.  They asked me to hold and said they were running some tests on their end.  When they came back on line they had me power down the modem and restart.  When we rechecked the speed it was over 900.  They swear I wasn't FAPPED but I continue to have this problem about once a week if not more frequently.  Somehow I think I'm being lied to by DW.