DJVageli

Shared hosting?

Im thinking of getting a shared hosting plan but I do not fully understand what they mean by "shared"...this is the site that offers it and its pretty cheap for some good specs,but will I be able to use that fully or will I share that?

http://www.surpasshosting.com/

Any help will be appreciated, I do not want to sign up for something that wont be good for me lol

shared hosting is basically where multiple websites are hosted on the same server, as it is not dedicated only to you

yep! im pretty sure thats what it is!

But like the site shows...200 GB space and 2000GB bandwidth...I share that?

No...thats is dedicated to you - what is basically shared is computing power, memory and stuff like that - bandwidth and hard drive space is specifically yours

Ahh ok...that sounds better...so now just to get your opinion...does it seem like a good hosting place?

Btw thanks to everybody and their input :smiley:

They seem pretty good?

:undecided:

that amount of bandwidth and hard drive space for that price is awesome......if the host itself is reliable ? ....I honestly don't know

I guess I'll try out the monthly payment way so if I see theyre not good, then I can always cancel :azn:

Ok, what shared hosting is, there is a host that owns a server and runs some software on it like cpanel, plesk, VHCS etc. etc. and they sell the servers space and bandwidth to you. There are sometimes 100's even 1000's of sites on one server. When they say 200GB 2TB of bandwidth that is for your account, not the whole server. Shared Hosting is good for small sites, but if you plan on having a medium or high traffic site forget about shared hosting.

Surpass is very good, but don't count on getting/using that 200GB of space and 2000GB of bandwidth

So what will buying this do for you? Like you can have your own website? lol you can tell I don't know much

thats the point of shard hosting, its cheap webhosting.

its just for hosting a website, You get no root access to the server, noting like that, just webhosting.

thats the point of shard hosting, its cheap webhosting.

its just for hosting a website, You get no root access to the server, noting like that, just webhosting.

Does cPanel help you create the look of the site..or will I need to know php and the likes [nerdly]:haha:

Does cPanel help you create the look of the site..or will I need to know php and the likes [nerdly]:haha:

no cpanel is the control panel that works your site.

You don't have to know php there are several prebuilt CMS scripts out there that do most of the stuff for you, you just add what you want.

I basically want a site that I will allow me to promote my mixes and tracks that I produce :smiley:

the only problem that i see with doing what you want to do is during peak hours the download rates are much slower on shared hosting so if something is listing it may just stop and have to buffer.

no cpanel is the control panel that works your site.

You don't have to know php there are several prebuilt CMS scripts out there that do most of the stuff for you, you just add what you want.

Ahh ok...makes sense...I guess Ill have to put "some" effort to make it look good

the only problem that i see with doing what you want to do is during peak hours the download rates are much slower on shared hosting so if something is listing it may just stop and have to buffer.

I guess that might be one of the negatives to this...but only if I get a lot of complaints on that issue