My ISP

mbrainerd

:angry5: I bet I will be paying most for DSL after Monday. I have upgraded my dsl package to 2048/1024 for a grand total of.....................drum roll please $101.00 per month plus $40 bucks  for the phone line I have to have ............................grand total of $141.00 per month plus taxes.

Sucks big time, but I need more speed. Esp. upload.

My isp is the only game in town.

Robbing me big time!

It sucks big time, but I need the speed. I upload and download loan applications all the time. Normally pretty huge files. Now I am running VOIP from Lingo and adding a second number from them for a dedicated fax line.

I pay more for phone and internet, to live where I am at, but I do not have to pay personal property tax on cars,motorcycles,boats like in some states.

They should have me switched Friday or Monday I will do tests and post results

For what do you need the speed :?: Even though its none of my business. :oops:

I work as a loan officer out of my home. The phone co. here is small so everyplace I call from here is long distance. So I use VOIP for all of my calling needs.

I run 2 other small businesses from home and I am getting ready to do a advertising magazine as well, so I will be uploading images ads, and sending all the time. Just like to get things done fast.

In the long run everything will work out, I just get pissed when I see peoples speeds here and what they pay!!! Oh well!!

That is ood for a upload that line is fater than T1 and the cheapest T1 I found was 300 a month but average was at 600 a month for T1!!! And T1 is only 1.5mbs all around!!!! SO actually I wish I could get those speeds upload that is for what you pay!!!!

That is ood for a upload that line is fater than T1 and the cheapest T1 I found was 300 a month but average was at 600 a month for T1!!! And T1 is only 1.5mbs all around!!!! SO actually I wish I could get those speeds upload that is for what you pay!!!!

Now I do not feel to bad. Maybe later when business picks up I may upgrade to the max. Tech was here b4 and said my line coming into the house was good for 7 meg down and 1 meg up. They would probably want a fortune for that. I am hoping as time goes by they wil decrease the price, I live in a small town that is growing by leaps and bounds. so maybe later they will drop the price.

I am a number cruncher so I look into different places where I am saving $$ by living here and in the end it all works out.

I work as a loan officer out of my home. The phone co. here is small so everyplace I call from here is long distance. So I use VOIP for all of my calling needs.

I run 2 other small businesses from home and I am getting ready to do a advertising magazine as well, so I will be uploading images ads, and sending all the time. Just like to get things done fast.

In the long run everything will work out, I just get pissed when I see peoples speeds here and what they pay!!! Oh well!!

;)  mbrainerd,

Ahhhh that makes perfect sense, if your using VOIP your savings will be worth the cost, its just a shame they wont give you more speed for that kind of money..... but its still a smart move on your part, when I last worked the VOIP that  I used came from the company and since they were in the business they wanted everyone to have it, it started out a little shaky but has evolved into a good product and very cost efficient as in your case..... thanks for all the info.. :)

8) Microwave

SRY for the late reply Speedy Final. The ISP is cablelynx. You can check out their web site at www,cablelynx.com I have their commercial package. They havent updated their site yet and probably never will but the up stream is now 1.5. I wish they would raise the downstream to 3.0 so bad but they proabably wont for quite a while.