images won't load, hesitation on DW6000 system, HELP

I'm new here but not new to computers or direcway in general.  Anyway, my #1 complaint with my Direcway system is that images, particularly thumbnails, refuse to load.  Sometimes I have to refresh a page several times to get them to load, other times some will load but others won't.  I know the images "exist" because I can right-click on them and select "show picture" and they will appear.  As I'm typing this, several of the emoticon images above are nothing but the big "X".  This problem happens on any website I visit, not just one or two sites.  I have come here hoping someone has had this problem and has resolved it.  This happens daily, often more than once a day.

My next beef is that more often than not, pages hesitate to load at all.  I can click a link and sit and the lights on my DW6000 just sit there, sometimes for more than 30 seconds, and NOTHING HAPPENS.  I have to re-click the links sometimes 2 or 3 times.  I restart the modem and all that on a regular basis, in vain.  Many times a day, I'll click a link and get an instant "page not found" error, as if the system doesn't even try to retrieve the pages at all.  This happens regardless of the address I'm trying to go to.

My last and not least annoying problem is this:  Downloads will start above 100k, then will stop for about 10 seconds, then will drop to 20 or 30k and stay there.  This is not the typical initial "peak" you get when you start downloading.  It's as if something is intentionally slowing me down.  I have no spyware or malware on my computer...I use several different cleaners and my computer is *clean*.  My signal strength right now is 60.  I plan to improve that asap, especially if it is causing my problems.  I *never* exceed the FAP.  All of the problems I have mentioned happen regardless of the weather.

I'm running Windows XP Pro SP1, Intel Pro 100/S nic (drivers are updated), I.E.6.  I'll gladly give any other information needed if it will help someone help me!  I'm looking forward to hearing from anyone who's ready to lend a hand!!

Thanks in advance,

H.R. Puffinstuff

Are you using a router? Have you ran the LCCU program, set your proxy correctly,(make sure auto detect is not checked), and try to enable the htp1.1 setting under advanced IE explorer options. If your settings are correct as diplayed in the help section of "myDirecway" its beyond my knowledge....I can tell tou the basic help you get from Dway is just what they read from the book. Only it takes them about two hours to read it to you! I have been complaing to them about slow uploads during theday...each time you call they start from page one...and they never improve a thing. From what I read you will not get much help until you get above Level I tech support...? There was a guy on here called "Rev" from what I see looks like there was a disprution and he left..any way he was very knowledgable with our DW600 systems. I have never anyproblems with images loading...however during peak hours web browsing for me is slow(nothing as you describe) , even if my download speed is above 1000Kbps. No expert here just lending a hand.

H.R. : Lets try a few things here. Are you using Internet Explorer? Go to tools at the top, Internet Options, Connections, Lan Settings, and check the box that says Use a proxy server, and the box that says bypass proxy server for local addresses (make sure the box at the top that says automactically detect setting is unchecked). Ok now go to Advanced, and in the first box type this in where it says HTTP: 192.168.0.1 and in Port type in 87. Now at the bottom there is a box that says

H.R. Ok here is the Reverands e-mail address, I think he would be gald to help you out. He knows alot more than anyone does about the drirecway setups. He'll help you out, just give him time to get to you ok? [email protected] Just tell him I referred you to him.

:)  YooperLady ,

Thank you thats very kind of you to help, its apperciated.... :)

8) Microwave

No offense here guys, but so far what I've been told are things that anyone with a direcway system should know.  I'm glad I got Microwave and yooperlady together, at least I accomplished *something* by posting my problems.  Unfortunately, I'm no better off than when I was cursing my dway modem and slamming my mouse on the desktop. 

I'm by no means trying to knock anyone for being friendly, but I'm looking for help beyond the basics here, and all I'm seeing is an expert praising a newbie for giving me info I already had, and it's frustrating.  I'm willing to be patient and wait, but please assume that I have already done everything that would be considered "basic" knowledge. 

Gracias

HR: I gave you an e-mail address to someone who IS NOT a newbie and maybe able to help you. Other than that all I can tell you is call DirecWay Tech Support. The Reverand is VERY experienced with the DirecWay systems, I am sure he would help if you e-mailed him. I have had DirecWay for 2 years, but have only had the DW6000 for a couple months now, and I do not have all the answers you need, I wish I did, Again his e-mail address is:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm assuming, HR, that you already tried all the basics (deleting cookies and temporary internet file, running AdAware)

I had the exact same problem and the solution for me was to empty my cache. If the problem still occurs after the cache has been empty try downloading a different browser(Firefox or Netscape); this also worked.

Special_ED