Degraded

Guest aerodude

Yes I have a brother that is considering sat service as he lives too where there is no other choice....anyways he is already confused with installation details. He thinks the pole mount will be free in his situation, also does not understand a router or switch is needed to hook up his daughters PC. Regardless of which provider he chooses it will be front row tickets for me! Its like talking to a stump.

I feel sorry for the installer....he is in for a big treat.  :laughing7:

I know what you mean. It seems many with problems are having problems just running and maintaining  their PC"s let alone networking and then add sat on top of that. My cousin's wife called me (our installer told here they only do the sat and no networking so I was recommended, thanks) so I went over. A good machine sitting,hardly boots, full of spyware and other things bogging it down so the sat won't even work and now a brand new laptop running XP given to her. I said I'll show you what to do to prevent this from happening to the laptop. Her reply "I don't want to know nothing, just turn it on and do what I need to", a nurse mind you.  :idiot2:  I'm glad she retired. I looked at her and said "there is no way I can help you" so I picked up the router and my other things and said "see ya".  :haha:

Guest aerodude

loll yeah my dad does give me enough credit

everything i say he just says "oh really you think you know what you're doing"

giving im 16 he thinks that.  :haha:

He can't even turn a computer on.

So i'd love to give him a day on my computer with what i do, and hughes net.

bahaha.

As long as i could get it back how it was when i gave him.

A good machine sitting,hardly boots, full of spyware and other things bogging it down so the sat won't even work and now a brand new laptop running XP given to her. I said I'll show you what to do to prevent this from happening to the laptop. Her reply "I don't want to know nothing, just turn it on and do what I need to", a nurse mind you.  :idiot2: 

Just have her drop it off once a week for $50 and clean it for her.  :lol: Don't you need the money?

As long as i could get it back how it was when i gave him.

At worst you might have to reformat it.  :smile2:

• 1 month later...

Just a quick note about "Degraded".  I recently had a similar problem with my 7000s.  The level 2 tech told me that the 7000s can cause problems with the radio transmitter, mine is 1 watt.  It can make it fail or just cause it to act flakey.  The tech got me out of the woods by having me do "Force Ranging".  It ran for about an hour before I saw any success.  Now I'm back flying better than ever.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 2125 Kbps about 2.1 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 259 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2007/03/05 - 8:47pm

Bottom Line:: 37X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 3.95 sec

Tested from a 2992 kB file and took 11.531 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 103.15 % faster than the average for host (direcpc.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-RIVD4OCGQ

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727) [!]

Just a quick note about "Degraded".  I recently had a similar problem with my 7000s.  The level 2 tech told me that the 7000s can cause problems with the radio transmitter, mine is 1 watt.  It can make it fail or just cause it to act flakey.  The tech got me out of the woods by having me do "Force Ranging".  It ran for about an hour before I saw any success.  Now I'm back flying better than ever.

::::::::::.. Download Stats ..::::::::::

Download Connection is:: 2125 Kbps about 2.1 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 259 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2007/03/05 - 8:47pm

Bottom Line:: 37X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 3.95 sec

Tested from a 2992 kB file and took 11.531 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 103.15 % faster than the average for host (direcpc.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-RIVD4OCGQ

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)

Best sat speed I think I've seen yet.

• CA3LE locked this topic