Which one really???

cordell383

What is a good LCD or Plasma TV in the above 40 inch range.

Mostly watching movies and console games on it.

The two main items that I want with the TV are 1080p (which i know will drive the price up ALOT ), and

the ability to hang it on a good wall mount. Those look so sexy.

Thanks Guys.

What is a good LCD or Plasma TV in the above 40 inch range.

Mostly watching movies and console games on it.

The two main items that I want with the TV are 1080p (which i know will drive the price up ALOT ), and

the ability to hang it on a good wall mount. Those look so sexy.

Thanks Guys.

wall mounting is not a problem, they will all mount on a wall.

here are 3 very good tv's, all are LCD,  You only go plasma at 46 and higher.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16889253048

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16889102106

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16889101097

they are all very good, but the samsung is the best out of the 3

Awesome that was just what i was looking for.

So why do you like the Samsung the best?

I heard the Sharps AQUOS TVs where good ..

And have you ever ordered big stuff from Newegg, I've ordered small stuff from them

i just worry about having a big tv in the mail....

Sharp AQUOS and Samsung are both outstanding TVs.

How do these look...

http://flash.abunawaf.com/2005/12/game33.swf

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7705897&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat95100050004&id=1138085317167

I want an LCD but after going to the store, and seeing these, it was Nice.

Was wondering want you guys think..

so dlewis want about these.

i know i cant put them on the wall but for the size to price.

i cant bet that..

For that price you can get a 40" to 46" LCD. The only problem with rear projection is that the bulb  will burn out. They can be replace,but they are not cheap[200.00 or more] I also read  that the DLP rear projection tv are having a problem with what they call the rainbow effect. Some people can see it,some people do not.

rainbow effect

A visual artifact that occurs in single-chip DLP displays, caused by the fact that the single DLP chip uses a color wheel to create red, green, and blue, and hence all colors. Occurs primarily when the eye looks across the screen or when adjacent areas of very dark and very light material move quickly. The occurrence of these rainbows has been significantly reduced with the advent of newer, faster color wheels, and most people who watch a DLP never see rainbows at all--and the few who do, usually see them only occasionally.

like i sais, sams club or costco. even if you have to pay 50 bucks to et a membership if you dont have one they will have a good price and their return service is unbeatable. plus you get to shop cheap for a year...

That is true, the last Sam's card I had was when I bought a copier printer 4 years ago. I did a bit of shopping there that year.  :evil6:

like i sais, sams club or costco. even if you have to pay 50 bucks to et a membership if you dont have one they will have a good price and their return service is unbeatable. plus you get to shop cheap for a year...

sams and costco is good, they just dont have the real highend tv's most of the time

that might be. i haven't really shopped for models there or elsewhere. but do you need to have the latest model? seems to me like getting a decent set that has all the features you want, even if it has been on the market several months could save a lot of cash compared to getting something just when it hits the stores... and you can probably find more reviews for a current model than a just released model. :shrug:

I am like you Reso, I do not need the very newest item just to say I beat everybody else by what? A few weeks or so? If it works and does what I want, I buy it. I usually buy a new truck the year before a big model change, because they go up after the change considerably. Plus if something happens there are already plenty of available parts already made.  :grin2:

And they already have all the weird bugs worked out.  :wink2: