Mannequin rapist faces life in prison!!??!??

Shug7272

History includes at least six similar convictions

FERNDALE-- A Detroit man with a record of breaking store windows to satisfy a fetish for female mannequins faces up to life in prison if convicted on the latest charge against him.

Ronald A. Dotson, 39, is charged with attempted breaking and entering after police say he broke a display window Oct. 9 at a cleaning supply store in a failed effort to get at a female mannequin dressed in a black-and-white French maid's outfit.

Dotson's criminal history includes at least six breaking and entering convictions involving female mannequins over the past 13 years and stints in state prison.

Ferndale 43rd District Judge Joseph Longo on Thursday found Dotson competent to stand trial after he was examined by state doctors who issued a report to the court.

Dotson was ordered to stand trial in circuit court following a preliminary examination on the evidence against him in Ferndale court on Thursday.

The suspect, who is 5-feet-4, appeared in court in a blue jail uniform with his hands cuffed in front of him.

Oakland County Assistant Prosecutor Josh Marcum said Dotson is charged as a habitual offender because of his past convictions and faces up to life imprisonment if found guilty.

"This looks like something where some serious treatment would be in order in a prison setting," Marcum said.

However, defense attorney Edward Cohn said he talked to a doctor at the Center for Forensic Psychiatry in Ypsilanti where Dotson was examined.

"She told me she has no idea if there is treatment available," Cohn said. "We don't know if the Michigan Department of Corrections has any treatment."

Dotson had been paroled from prison only six days before he was arrested outside the Crandall Worthington clean supply store, 21208 Woodward, about 9 p.m.

Ferndale officer Casey O'Loughlin testified Thursday that Dotson was stopped about 10 feet away from the store wearing a short sleeve shirt and cotton work gloves after the alarm sounded.

A glass display window was shattered. O'Loughlin said he recognized Dotson.

"In July 2000 there was an alarm at a store on West Nine Mile," O'Loughlin said. "We arrested Mr. Dotson for stealing a mannequin out of a store front."

Dotson was first convicted in Ferndale for breaking a store window in pursuit of female mannequins in 1993. Police say they arrested him after he had stolen three female mannequins from a downtown business and lined them up in an alley behind the store.

In Oak Park, Dotson was convicted of breaking and entering women's stores in 1997, 2000 and 2004, according to police. He was also convicted of a similar charge in Detroit in 1993.

Shortly before his arrest in October, Dotson had told his parole officer he was considering buying a female mannequin so he wouldn't have to commit further break-ins, Ferndale police said.

Ferndale Detective Brendan Moore testified Thursday that a surveillance camera video at Crandall Worthington showed a man in the alley behind the business about an hour before the window was smashed.

"It was a black male subject wearing a short sleeve shirt and gloves ... an hour before the alarm," Moore said. "It was too grainy to make out the face but the clothing matched."

Dotson is jailed in lieu of $15,000 bond. It is unknown whether he has any relatives in the area, Cohn said.

"No one has contacted me," he said.

Ok... Ok... Ok... Hell I dont know what to say.. there just arent enough of these  :2funny: to convey..

http://www.dailytribune.com/stories/122906/loc_fetish001.shtml

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't he have to have a drill, too?

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: rotflfao

"This looks like something where some serious treatment would be in order in a prison setting," Marcum said.

Yea, sounds like a prison setting would be right up his alley.............. :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

no drill needed......just drilled :2funny: :2funny:

Wouldn't he have to have a drill, too?

:2funny: Guess not.

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: rotflfao

Yea, sounds like a prison setting would be right up his alley.............. :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

no drill needed......just drilled :2funny: :2funny:

:haha: :haha: :haha: That is not nice (but funny)... cmon I know the guy broke the law and should be punished (and counseling)but do we really need to give him life in prison when people that rape 6 year olds get 10 years?

I'm not sure he needs prison as much as counseling, but then again, I'd hate for little kids to see him humping the drive through clown.

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny: stop it, your gonna make me wake up my 7 year old , and then the old lady will come for me,.............hmmm, shit all I'll be thinkin of is the look on my kids face if he saw some ...........what do ya call that sickness anyway?  messin w/ old ronald, maniqphile?  not good :2funny: :2funny:

But really, I agree, what's up w/ society? We litterally let habitual  pedophiles roam , and live in a free society, but this cartoon raper, gets imprisoned?

Well he should at least serve hard community service for the B&E foolishness, just not cleaning up near restaurant row.

yea why not, we kill people for alot less.

and yes i'm having a bad day.

does somebody need a cookie? or maybe a happy meal? cheer up man dont sweat the small stuff, hell, look at this clown , he's not gonna be able to have his burger and **** the clown that sold it to him. :haha: :haha: :haha:

I can't smile when i have been working since 5 am. I still haven't even gone home.

holy shit, that sucks man. Big money bro. I have been there before 24+ hours at work and it SUCKS. No matter what anyone says it prob wont make you feel better so i will leave it at that. Hope it gets better.

holy shit, that sucks man. Big money bro. I have been there before 24+ hours at work and it SUCKS. No matter what anyone says it prob wont make you feel better so i will leave it at that. Hope it gets better.

Big Money HAHA I don't get anythng extra for this crap i'm so close to quiting.

Dude, hard work always pays off in the long run, no matter what your trying to accomplish :thumbsup:

This will never pay off, i'm trying to CNC parts that normally would take 60hrs in 18hrs so they can be on a plane at 8am and installed by 5pm.

This will never pay off, i'm trying to CNC parts that normally would take 60hrs in 18hrs so they can be on a plane at 8am and installed by 5pm.

I do know something about CNC, it will only go so fast,although can be very fast, depending on specs , programming, and metal, and the faster it goes, the more carbide your replacing :tongue2:

I'm not sure he needs prison as much as counseling, but then again, I'd hate for little kids to see him humping the drive through clown.

:2funny::haha::2funny: I would not know what to say to my kids.  :shocked:

He should have gotten the death penalty. prison is too good for these people.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: No way.

You my man, need to talk to water. The story of her life. She has had a few threads on it. Really.  :wink: I believe she has had worse.