Connection speed help (newbie here)

greenrock_4

Hello everyone!

I just have this little problem because I feel that my connection speed is slower than what I should be expecting. Right now I really don't know where to start and don't know what to do.I have an HP P4 3.2 GHz laptop, 1GB RAM, running on Windows XP with DSL wireless connection (512 Kbps from QTel - Qatar) through Belkin ADSL Modem Wireless G Router (6 computers are connected here). I also have done all the necessary cleanups and scanning. I mean I don't have any problems running multiple programs except that I'm not satisfied with what I get from my connection. I have installed TCP Optimizer but I don't know how to tweak it. Could anyone please guide me? Here are my test results:

The speed result may be dimished based on the fact your on the other side of the earth. Actually not bad stats when you thing about the distance to the server your running the tests on. Some of the frequent guru's of this site will probably be able to help you with the software tweaks that may improve performance. Welcome to the site and forums. The crew here is alright. Good luck! :grin2: