Possible problem with processor

gotmilk

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are dell servers that i use for desktops but they stopped selling them because everyone started using them as desktops because they were so cheap and i bought them a few years ago

i think i remember them, they were like 299 with crazy good specs for that price

you cant overclock them because they are a dell.

i think i remember them, they were like 299 with crazy good specs for that price

i thought that might be a problem  :cry2:  the cheaper 1 that i got was $276 for 2.8 ghz P4 with HT, 800 FSB and it came with 1 gig dual channel ddr2 ram(PC-5300) and intel gigabit ethernet and pci express.  cant beat that for the price even if you built it  :smile2:

i thought that might be a problem  :cry2:  the cheaper 1 that i got was $276 for 2.8 ghz P4 with HT, 800 FSB and it came with 1 gig dual channel ddr2 ram(PC-5300) and intel gigabit ethernet and pci express.  cant beat that for the price even if you built it  :smile2:

thats a great price, i was tempted to buy one at the time

He still might be able to overclock one of his computer if he feel like spending some money.All I had to on my old HP 753n was change the motherboard. I use a Gigabyte GA-81G1000[Rev2.0] motherboard.

He still might be able to overclock one of his computer if he feel like spending some money.All I had to on my old HP 753n was change the motherboard. I use a Gigabyte GA-81G1000[Rev2.0] motherboard.

dell uses a custom formfactor for the motherboard so a new one wont fit in the case. he would have to buy a case and a motherboard

Guest kamil234

Other than burning up your processor, is there anything else that can be damaged by over clocking?

you can mess up your ram...and overload power supply if you're close to maxing it out...and screw up your mother board if you just change the referance clocks

i'll just wait cause i dont want to waste money on something that i'm not gonna use later and put that extra money into the new pc i want.  i'm planning on building a beast whe ut 2007 comes out and its probably gonna be a quad core or even a dual quad core if the price is right.

Now you are getting a new computer the right way. Built it yourself. :headbang: Quad core/Dual Quad core  Look like we got a new race going on here to see who got the meanest beast of a computer. Look like VanBuren new computer will be #1 when he get it built. Something tell me he won't hold the title for long. :evil6::haha:

That the way it goes sometime.Some motherboard overclock better than other ones. My 3700+ got up to 2.8 on my ASUS motherboard,but when I put it in my Gigabyte motherboard I can only get it to go up to 2.5. Asus offers more overclocking option in the BIOS. If you really want to get into overclocking option then you want a DFI motherboard,from what a read they have the most overclocking option in the BIOS.