Question about AT&T Yahoo DSL.

Shug7272

I am dropping Sudden Link due to the fact that since the takeover of Cox here everything about them has SUCKED donkey balls. So I am signing up for ATT Yahoo DSL as it is my next best option. Is their service always on or do you have to do some sign in BS? I have a laptop and PS3 that is networked wirelessly and am wondering if this will throw a wrench in the works. Thanks.

no you do not have to sign in. that was a old DSL thing, you havent had to do that in about 5 years. they moved the pppoe control into the modem so your password always stays, and your connection is always on.

if i remember correctly att doesnt even use pppoe they use dynamic like cable

no you do not have to sign in. that was a old DSL thing, you havent had to do that in about 5 years. they moved the pppoe control into the modem so your password always stays, and your connection is always on.

if i remember correctly att doesnt even use pppoe they use dynamic like cable

Thank goodness, your probably not gonna believe me but my boss has DSL at her house and still has to use a username and password. I dont know what she has, but it is not ATT. I was just praying I would not have to have that.

Thank goodness, your probably not gonna believe me but my boss has DSL at her house and still has to use a username and password. I dont know what she has, but it is not ATT. I was just praying I would not have to have that.

she has a old modem then, one that doesnt store the username and password. my brother had the same thing till i broke the modem so that he would get another that didnt have that crap.

Thats what I have noticed... I would get it but they only offer Up to 3.0Mbps downstream/384Kbps. Also I'm about 10510 feet away from the CO. :angry:

they offer 6.0/608 now.

i wouldnt worry about the distance from the CO. they have remote dslams all over the place now so that really doesnt matter

• 2 weeks later...