having trouble with tests

dnuge

this past wk when trying to run spd tests the first 2 screens fly by the i go to a blank page where it looks like my results are trying to connect but it never does. it happens on server 1&2 but if i use one of the test mirrors the testing works fine. can anyone help? i never had this problem in the past and the only thing i've changed is an upgrade to mcafee 2007 thru my isp, comcast.net. any help would be appreciated

for more accurate results and performance out of your computer, use AVG.. they have always worked fine for me... but i'm sure either dlewis or swimmer will have a solution for you.. maybe someone else =)

btw-- mcafee has always slowed down my pc.. that is why i dont use it :cool:

for more accurate results and performance out of your computer, use AVG.. they have always worked fine for me... but i'm sure either dlewis or swimmer will have a solution for you.. maybe someone else =)

btw-- mcafee has always slowed down my pc.. that is why i dont use it :cool:

:iamwithstupid:

Welcome to the forum dnuge    :wave::welcome:  I have heard McAfee works for others on here. But I prefer the free AVG like Tim up there.  :wink2: It gives much better speeds.  :grin2:

dnuge try this test http://www.testmy.net/tools/test/d_load.php?&st=st&tt=1&ta=1&top=000&out_src=20MB

but clear your cache before you test. also what browser are you using?

yes that test worked with my firewall and AV enabled. i am using IE7 but had run tests in the past with this browser and they worked. the firewall and AV are Mcafee which i get for free with my comcast ISP