RIAA Letter

dlewis23

What you have to simply state in the agreement when people make an account is that you just provide the service of uploading the document and you take no responsibility for the content of their upload......

state that on your website's front page too......you are not responsible for the content uploaded........it might help you get out of trouble if you ever get into any

What you have to simply state in the agreement when people make an account is that you just provide the service of uploading the document and you take no responsibility for the content of their upload......

state that on your website's front page too......you are not responsible for the content uploaded........it might help you get out of trouble if you ever get into any

i have that in my TOS, it doesnt make a difference. its the government.

Too bad you don't live in sweden, then you could send back hilarious emails like the pirate bay:

http://thepiratebay.org/legal

:grin:

man thats scary dlewis, 2 hours...

:grin: yea those emails is funny :)

I dont know what happend after the swedish police took their servers, i know the site is up again, but i dont think they even had to go to a trial, case closed, they most likely couldnt find anything...

i heard on the news a few weeks ago, that some fool in our gov suggested to approve our gov to scan ALL incoming and outgoing traffic from sweden. That means they can read emails sent via hotmail, since server is in the US... I really hope that dosent happen, no one wants a big brother gov...

VanBuren :)

i heard on the news a few weeks ago, that some fool in our gov suggested to approve our gov to scan ALL incoming and outgoing traffic from sweden. That means they can read emails sent via hotmail, since server is in the US... I really hope that dosent happen, no one wants a big brother gov...

they already can, if the server is in the US.

I dont know what happend after the swedish police took their servers, i know the site is up again, but i dont think they even had to go to a trial, case closed, they most likely couldnt find anything...

Last I heard the swedish police will still have their servers for another 5 months for investigations. Apparently it was a very hard configuration for them to investigate. a normal database (mysql), a normal webserver (apache/php) and a tracker they said.

When the police raided them they set up new servers in all in different locations that the police have yet to find.

Now im sured that clinton soinged a law that say that the police could not hold a person liable if they had a certain entry to their webpage

or is that no longer valid??

i remember seeing it a lot in rom websites and napster like websites back in the day

also the parite bays emeils were funny

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

if you were truly nasty you could rat him out to the chinese government. tell them he uploaded dissident material to your site. they will track him down and shoot him.

that would be a complete waste of my time, tho if he used a 300gb of bandwidth and have 50,000 downloads then i might

if you were truly nasty you could rat him out to the chinese government. tell them he uploaded dissident material to your site. they will track him down and shoot him.

:shock: :shock:

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

that would be a complete waste of my time, tho if he used a 300gb of bandwidth and have 50,000 downloads then i might

:knuppel2: