Urgent! Horrible problem

death2death

Ever since Comcast took over my Adelphia connection in my area, my connection has been horrible. This is the first time I have been able to connect in about 5 days. I have called them and they couldn't do anything over the phone and told me to do some really stupid things. Anyway the earliest they can send someone out is February 1st. My speed right now is horribly slow and I really dont want to wait until Feb.1st. So if anyone might be able to help please tell me anything.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 107 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps (tested with 1013 kB)

Download Speed is:: 13 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 2)

Test Time:: 2007/01/22 - 11:00pm

Bottom Line:: 2X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 78.77 sec

Tested from a 1013 kB file and took 77.5 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 2.78 % of your hosts average (adelphia.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-YBJ32L9TP

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727) [!]

at least you're still faster than dialup. i wonder if them taking over the connection means that theyare channeling everything into their backbone or kept the existing contracts. it could be that they have a problem with bandwidth on their end atm because some of their rented backbone contracts need to be renegotiated. otherwise call and REMAIN POLITE, remember, the guy you are talking to isn't to blame for your troubles, and see if you can't get an earlier response and make sure you request a refund for the time with bad connections.