Is this true? Someone at work said your PC is most vulnerable during

ratchet

The truth is, people at work ( especially the IT department) do not want you using streaming audio or video at work because it hogs the BW (band width) on the server and slows down the other processes.

The only way that you could have vulnerabilities when listening to streaming audio is if you were using an older version of windows media player that had known security issues and a website took advantage of that vulnerability to try to execute code on your system.  This is possible if you don't keep your computer up to date; however, it is much much more likely that you would get spyware or a virus from something like Internet Explorer than it would be for you to get it from Windows Media Player or Winamp, simply because it's much easier to take advantage of.

Actually, it was kind of a combination of both!  An IT guy told a coworker this, however, I do think it was a few years ago.  It was news to me and since I listen to sport talk a lot at home, and never even thought or read about it being worse than anything else one does online, I thought I'd check it out!

Actually, it was kind of a combination of both!  An IT guy told a coworker this, however, I do think it was a few years ago.  It was news to me and since I listen to sport talk a lot at home, and never even thought or read about it being worse than anything else one does online, I thought I'd check it out!

no worries if your listening or watching ratchet.

BUT you really need to become savvy on the sites you click on or the e-mails you open. (no-offense, I just don't want to see your comp get abused :) )

no worries if your listening or watching ratchet.

BUT you really need to become savvy on the sites you click on or the e-mails you open. (no-offense, I just don't want to see your comp get abused :) )

I agree on that one and no offense taken, however, despite the I am reasonably savvy about some things!

I agree on that one and no offense taken, however, despite the I am reasonably savvy about some things!

If you need help descriminating from bad things to click on, PM Atnevon, and tell him I said so.

I'm not joking, worms, trojans and virus's are getting tricky now, don't feel bad if you need a hand :) I bug him non-stop LOL!