How do I access %SystemRoot%\Inf

mudmanc4

What about running a search on your pc for Wdmaudio.inf(search system folders/hidden files and folders)?  Once you find it, you can right click on it, and open the containing folder, move the file to a temp folder, and then open that file with notepad, and edit it.

It says this applies to Windows 2000...I assume that is what you are running?

What about running a search on your pc for Wdmaudio.inf(search system folders/hidden files and folders)?  Once you find it, you can right click on it, and open the containing folder, move the file to a temp folder, and then open that file with notepad, and edit it.

It says this applies to Windows 2000...I assume that is what you are running?

Yes , thats what im running, but it states the folder is not valid  :?

I'm kinda grasping at straws, but you never know, one of the straws may hold the answer  :haha:

Hey yopu've given me other ideas, I feel bad enough, hell I cant find the damn file :haha: :haha:

BTW cant find it in the cd, went into wnnt, said not valid (on sp4) tried wnnt32, wants to install a fresh copy of w2k    grrrr :lol:

I'm not too familiar with 2000...I skipped from 98 to XP...Didn't make the stop at 2000...

When in doubt, format c:  :haha:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh........I promised it today, hell it took me $$$ and three days to find all the drivers for this dinosaur. The F**** up part is , the dude has litterally millions, I ain't sh***ing.He's gonna give it to his new wife for her phone sync.  , and music  :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

He's already called once today :shocked:

The great part is , while I have been on this escapade, my file server went down, I had a router go bad,(still yet to call Lynksys)  and the port outside on the drop went south  :shock:  :lol:

Thanks res.

I found the .inf  by searching w/ *inf  , located the control flags section, copied the file to notepad,  placed " ; " in front of { Exclude from select= * }  The option to save as .inf is not there.  :?: saved as .txt  when I update drivers, the folder is ther but no file

I saved as "all files" ,  when I try to update drivers,  same thing  no file shown  to install  :knuppel2:

Stumped again, ik *annoying . I ended up just editing the file outright, everything went fine.

Still ,no sound, all shows good. Even when you place a CD in the drive, WMP comes up, and plays, shows the song titles, and that silly video sh**. But no sound :cry:

I had the same problem with this Computer. Do Like Reso said and I did go to Walmart and get a Creative Audigy SE for $30.00 and foreget it.

The only problem is , it's a laptop. 01'  and the card is PCI on board, and As far as I was concerned when I had her open, I did not see any slots, except the one for the modem. So I guess it may be possible.  :wink: