motherboard wiring........

intense

I have hunted and googled and just can not find the answer. I replaced my  motherboard. All went ok, infact im useing it now. There is a cluster of wires im unsure of the placement on the motherboard. They are NOT tagged.

Its a aspire x cruiser case

Antec smart power 400 watts power supply

Asus m2npv-vm

I have the motherboard book and understand it and the wireing placement. I have 5 sets of dual wires that I assume are for the case itself but unsure.

Blue and white

Red and Black with a battery on the end?

Orange and White

Red and white

Greem and white

I am close to haveing it right. Just not sure the function of these 5 sets of dual wires. Sure could use some help

edit: subject spelling

I have hunted and googled and just can not find the answer. I replaced my  motherboard. All went ok, infact im useing it now. There is a cluster of wires im unsure of the placement on the motherboard. They are NOT tagged.

Its a aspire x cruiser case

Antec smart power 400 watts power supply

Asus m2npv-vm

I have the motherboard book and understand it and the wireing placement. I have 5 sets of dual wires that I assume are for the case itself but unsure.

Blue and white

Red and Black with a battery on the end?

Orange and White 

Red and white

Greem and white

I am close to haveing it right. Just not sure the function of these 5 sets of dual wires. Sure could use some help

General format (not necessarily yours )

Blue and white = reset sw

Red and Black with a battery on the end? (Most of the time) Power sw.

Battery on end?  no clue myself .

Orange and White  = Power switch

Red and white = hdd light

Green and white = power led

You want to be sure what goes where, so if you dont know, I would not simply plug things in  :smiley:

There are also generally USB wires can be in larger groups though. As well as front audio panel , Diagnostic device wires, ect.

If you must then trace each wire down to front panel.

One more thing , if you do not have the front panel hooked up , how did you get the beast powered up?

You need to start here aspireusa.net/product.php?pid=164

move to the section where it says user manuals, and read  :wink:

Well like I said. The monster lives and runs. Just unsure about that cluster. May have it right (dumb luck?) Not sure. Everything seems ok. Just unsure about the red and black with what apears to be a battery?

You would think they would tag thoes wires or offer some type of wireing diagram? At least you gave me a start. Its been tough to find anything or anyone who can offer some kind of clue. I thank you.

Well like I said. The monster lives and runs. Just unsure about that cluster. May have it right (dumb luck?) Not sure. Everything seems ok. Just unsure about the red and black with what apears to be a battery?

You would think they would tag thoes wires or offer some type of wireing diagram? At least you gave me a start. Its been tough to find anything or anyone who can offer some kind of clue. I thank you.

Well I took a look at your case (cool BTW) and there is a lot on the front panel. The user manual (PDF) would not load for me. If it were me , I would want to know about that battery. Actually I still do :lol:

i beleive that the one with the battery on the end is the case speaker...if it is anywhere close to the same wires i had.

blue and white i beleive is reset switch, red and white is hard drive led light, green and white is power led, orange and white is power switch.  :grin2:

sorry if this has been answered already, but if you dont have the power switch (orange and white) plugged in how did you turn on the pc?

mudman i attached the manual, so you can try to read it, since you said it didnt work from the site  :smile2:

ps. i almost got that case but ended up getting a different one with more fans, how does that one perform, how cool does it keep stuff. i may build another pc soon and might get that case.  :smile2:

i beleive that the one with the battery on the end is the case speaker...if it is anywhere close to the same wires i had.

blue and white i beleive is reset switch, red and white is hard drive led light, green and white is power led, orange and white is power switch.  :grin2:

sorry if this has been answered already, but if you dont have the power switch (orange and white) plugged in how did you turn on the pc?

mudman i attached the manual, so you can try to read it, since you said it didnt work from the site  :smile2:

ps. i almost got that case but ended up getting a different one with more fans, how does that one perform, how cool does it keep stuff. i may build another pc soon and might get that case.  :smile2:

Gotcha on the case speaker, I was thrown , assuming there really was a battery :lol:

im not sure exactly how though if the power switch wasn't (i'm assuming since he asked) plugged into the board, how did he get the pc to boot?  :?

my sentiments exactly  :?::?: :?::icon_scratch: I cant wait to find out. Paperclip? Ballbat, spittle? :2funny:  Just kidding ........jeeze :evil6:

Case spesker looks like a little battery.

Yea, it would if it werent for the half dozen or so hole that you cant see in the pic  :thumbsup:

I do like the case itself. Seems to run cool enough. Not really crazy about the tunnel thing though. Seems to get clogged (the screen) with dust. I may remove it and replace with a fan. I saw that the back will hold a 120 mm fan I may install as well. My local staples has finally taken notice of us that build our own and are selling fans and other stuff.

I am almost sure all the wireing is right now. Still unsure about the battery thing, Computer runs fine, guages work, Computer boots fine. Will be nice to have this information for the future just in case. I will save it. I so apreciate you guys takeing the time to help. Any more info you find sure would be handy. Just seems so odd finding the wireing diagram for the front of the case to the motherboard is so hard to track down.

When I swaped motherboards I replace with the same exact one. Old one had a bad dim slot. I thought that group of wires I pulled were in one cluster, Oops!!  I had no idea they were all seprate. Live and learn. Just stoped and did my best to write down and rember what went to what on that cluster. Guess I remberd and did it right.

It took me two days to figure out the wiring on my case . It was a gift for me by a friend, but it came with no instruction.

Finally got it running right only to have the molex connector that controls the front LED's short out and cause a problem, as usually the no problem connector breaks. The keyed end broke when clicking it in. For me to get the Front lights to work, i have to take them out and install differant ones.

Ok now to the person that found that pdf file for my case THANK YOU!! You da man or woman. That soooooo helped. Ok now dont kill me ok?? First off It was the case speaker I was thinking was the battery. Huh. Sure looks like a battery.

Now by the pdf file you found. Number 27 (or step 27) Is exactly the wires I speak of. Or steps 25 through 29 that I wonder about. With all due respect. I know someone posted what they thought may be right according to the colors I posted above. Now that you know exactly which cluster of wires I speak of could you pretty plese give me a exact rundown on what wires do what according to the there colors

Blue and white

Red and Black (case speaker I thought was a battery)

Orange and White

Red and White

Green and White

Sorry if I am being a pain.

here is my case that i currently have. its pretty nice and the three 120mm fans run silently.  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811166031 

but no problem on finding the pdf for your case, i just finished my first pc build also so i was glad to help. and as far as matching the cables you want to the motherboard there should be little writting printed onto the motherboard that saws stuff like for hard drive led. it might say "H.D.D LED" or something.  :grin2: