Speed Test Tool ?

Anybody seeing problems with the speed test? I can test at one time and get an insane speed of better than 10K down and the next will be 31 ish.

Modem config files remained the same. Strange thing is it does seem to get a 10K plus download speed with uploads in the 300 range at Speakeasy.

No real problem as it still seems to work ok with the 1100 download speeds reported..just curious.

WT

::.. eDownload Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 17562 Kbps about 17.6 Mbps (tested with 12160 kB)

Download Speed is:: 2144 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2007/01/26 - 8:14pm

Bottom Line:: 306X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 0.48 sec

Tested from a 12160 kB file and took 5.672 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 215.47 % faster than the average for host (comcast.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-RSYUAH6XL

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; n-US; rv:1.8.0.9) Gecko/20061206 Firefox/1.5.0.9 [!]

Mostly at night but has been during the day..The one above is the latest one.. Next test (after cache clear) may be anywhere from 3-5K

Must be on my end..

Thanks!

WT

Thanks,

That is much the scheduled PM here for all 6 PC's connected which I can guarantee works.(just got through working with 4 at work virus infested )

I have since learned of a few new additions to the node I am on...possibility of a bandwidth hog somewhere close :)

Until recently I returned speeds at or near the caps..whatever went south went that way quick!

Thanks again!

WT

If you want to see who else is connected to your system you may want to try this utility. Active Ports

Active Ports - easy to use tool for Windows NT/2000/XP that enables you to monitor all open TCP and UDP ports on the local computer. Active Ports maps ports to the owning application so you can watch which process has opened which port. It also displays a local and remote IP address for each connection and allows you to terminate the owning process. Active Ports can help you to detect trojans and other malicious programs.

Note I have been using this for years with no problems, however if you are running Norton's security program it will not let Active Ports run and thinks it is some kind of trojan or something. . Works fine with all others. The program is from Smartline. Here is tha link

http://www.protect-me.com/freeware.html

Its kinda up and down here..right now its in the 50 ish range...below the cap but still good.Earlier it was blazing fast... Comcast "may" be using some sort of traffic shaping in the path that is giving me these deviating readings. I did have a couple of UDP ports open (Echolink) but have since been terminated but that was about all of consequence that is/was connected except the browser and E Mail most of the other is filtered out in the router and firewall..

I will check it again later on tonight after the peak has peaked and see how it looks then!

WT

From what I can find out Comcast is running a proprietary software (Power Boost) that will increase download bandwidth temporarily.How long this will stay?? Likely not long.

Looks like the exaggerated speeds are semi legit for now...

Gonna be fun while it lasts :grin: