A good list of Russian Netblocks

tommie gorman

The message I got from a friend.

"Now if ya want to help me find something.  I need a good list of Russian Netblocks.  Had a terrible time recently with russian port spammers and I'm gonna block the entire country from the site.  Good luck finding it...I spent half the morning looking for one"  So any help would be appreciated.

Didn't you address this through a commercial router or something like that Dlewis?

The message I got from a friend.

"Now if ya want to help me find something.  I need a good list of Russian Netblocks.  Had a terrible time recently with russian port spammers and I'm gonna block the entire country from the site.  Good luck finding it...I spent half the morning looking for one"  So any help would be appreciated.

Didn't you address this through a commercial router or something like that Dlewis?

First off it most likely wasent from russia, you can spoof ip's very easily.

second you can't just nock off a country on a vps like it he wants too, you need a hardware firewall because software firewalls just dont work. but you can not get a hardware filewall on the VPS because what ever you block will block it for every client that is on the box.

and yes i did the same thing but my host had the hardware to take care of it, and even with that it still didnt fully work because of the first thing i did, so i had to got smart and started moving ip address, and dns records around.