Post your speed from Smart Bro (wi fi)

just-

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i get this low speed at TMN

share2-YJ7L2V458

but I can download as fast 540 Kbps at any time. weird TMN speedtest result.hehehe

Take a look at my real speed it burst to 1167 Kbps. super fast!!!

if you say that you can get real speed results with netstat live which shows that your speed bursts beyond smartbro's adverstised speed and weird speed test score from testmy, is that tantamount to saying that testmy speed test results are not real, in other words fake?

what is your concrete basis of comparison  :?:

if you say that you can get real speed results with netstat live which shows that your speed bursts beyond smartbro's adverstised speed and weird speed test score from testmy, is that tantamount to saying that testmy speed test results are not real, in other words fake?

what is your concrete basis of comparison  :?:

It's you who said that, I was shocked getting results higher than what i expected . Are you saying that the instantaneous bandwidth of your internet connection appearing in real time  in net stat live is fake?

i guess we should start a thread on answering a question with a question. but i think there have been praises for netstat live, although i do not use it so i can't present nor compare results whatsoever.

I'm a netstat live user. This software allows you to monitor your internet bandwidth (upload or download) independently from a bandwidth test servers.

I qoute this from a website

"Have you ever wondered just how fast your network connection is? Not just how fast the modem is connected at, but how much data you can actually get? Does your internet connection sometimes seem slower than normal? Forget hacking the registry or using counter-intuitive tools to get the information you want - enter the world of AnalogX NetStat Live (NSL)! NSL is a small, easy to use TCP/IP protocol monitor which can be used to see your exact throughput on both incoming and outgoing data - whether you're using a modem, cable modem, DSL, or even local network! NSL doesn't just stop there, it lets you see how quickly your data goes from your computer to another computer on the internet; it even will tell you how many other computers your data must go through to get there! But wait - there's more! NSL also graphs your CPU usage of your system! This can be especially useful in identifying if your computer is what's slowing things down, or if it's your internet connection."

You can try it and make comparisons if you like. :azn:

Typical advertiser words. CPU usage can be really easily measured through Task Manager, and monitoring data flow is done by many programs. Its only saving grace would be price, if it's free then it might actually be worth using. Apparantly, it's quite old. Have you run into any compatability problems?

Typical advertiser words. CPU usage can be really easily measured through Task Manager, and monitoring data flow is done by many programs. Its only saving grace would be price, if it's free then it might actually be worth using. Apparantly, it's quite old. Have you run into any compatability problems?

With regards to netsat, it is a small program that is free to use  with no hidden charges. So far, I have not seen any compatibility issues and ofcourse we are only after to its bandwidth monitoring capability just like any other product that can monitor the instantaneous speed/bandwidth in real time.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 374 Kbps about 0.4 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Download Speed is:: 46 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2007/11/15 - 3:21pm

Bottom Line:: 7X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 22.26 sec

Tested from a 386 kB file and took 8.452 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 116.18 % faster than the average for host (68.18)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-69Q0LOJPW

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.8) Gecko/20071022 Ubuntu/7.10 (gutsy) Firefox/2.0.0.8 [!]

I forgot what forum was that so I cant quote it  :undecided: but someone said that Smart Bro made a deal w/ AnalogX(NetStat Live) to increase its speed :lol:

Thing is, that program is from 2001, so I'd be pretty impressed if SmartBro made a deal with AnalogX back then. Last update on the site is of 2005, there might have been a SmartBro back then. But to me, that comment is just  :bs: