Post your speed from Smart Bro (wi fi)

just-

OT

@kerby & lies

ahem... a fellow guitarist I am. No John Petrucci though but i have my own licks... main influences are: VH, hendrix, BECK, billy duffy, dimebag, tom morello, paul gilbert, gary moore, tony mcalpine, greg howe, slash, vai, satch... yes, they're ancient but well respected. :-P

check this out: (been playin' since '93 - dredd days...) :headbang:

(actually earlier coz i've been around since late 80's - OK i'm OLD but if it weren't for us, you guys will still probably listen to boybands) :binkybaby:

*look at the bottom of that page... me on guitz

http://www.testmy.net/t-16947.360

this was in '02 - my very last gig (fronting slapshock - i'm NOT a fan of them but it was the sched that time)

wow! maybe we can form a band..?! hehe. im no guitarist, i just play GH for fun.  but what i really play is drums. but im no Mike Portnoy! my influences are incubus[the old incubus], a little bit of jazz, i little bit of prog, and christian songs, because i play at my church also.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow! maybe we can form a band..?! hehe. im no guitarist, i just play GH for fun.  but what i really play is drums. but im no Mike Portnoy! my influences are incubus[the old incubus], a little bit of jazz, i little bit of prog, and christian songs, because i play at my church also.

OT

That is soooo cool - d'old Incubus rocks  :headbang: (they're coming back for another gig here BTW). I know a female bassist. Maybe i could hook you up with her (she's also from cavite). She's looking for a band. 

Me, I'm retired. You're in Cavite right? I used to live in Pag-Asa, Molino but now I'm in BF Pque (i'm officially a designated Sunday driver for my tired "old" folks) :grin2:

and a little bit of everything is all it takes. :icon_rr:

On Topic

my speed sucks for a few days now...

share2-GFT2IN9BH

OT

That is soooo cool - d'old Incubus rocks  :headbang: (they're coming back for another gig here BTW). I know a female bassist. Maybe i could hook you up with her (she's also from cavite). She's looking for a band. 

Me, I'm retired. You're in Cavite right? I used to live in Pag-Asa, Molino but now I'm in BF Pque (i'm officially a designated Sunday driver for my "old" folks) :grin2:

and a little bit of everything is all it takes. :icon_rr:

On Topic

my speed sucks for a few days now...

share2-GFT2IN9BH

i actually have my own band, just looking for other bands to form just for fun.  :wink:

yup i live in cavite. imus, cavite

and yah! incubus is coming again, but i dont think i will watch that. but i will surely watch TOTO! they are coming here too!

share2-2B50ULCS7&dual=yes&q2=82XV41USN

my speed been consistent at 400+ but cant make it to the 500 mark.  :cry:

good for you.

just as long as it's consistent and at par or more than the advertised speed, it's fine.  :cool2:

OT

Nice to hear some appreciation with the classics. TOTO is up there in my list. Earth, Wind... is coming too.

...and rock concerts here tend to gather a lot of posers.

good for you.

just as long as it's consistent and at par or more than the advertised speed, it's fine.  :cool2:

OT

Nice to hear some appreciation with the classics. TOTO is up there in my list. Earth, Wind... is coming too.

...and rock concerts here tend to gather a lot of posers.

but my advertised speed is 512. because my connection was upgraded to WR512.

OT

yup! i love TOTO! they are so great with their instruments. and yah! rock concerts gather posers. hehe. black t shirt, eyeliners and makeups. hehehe.  :smiley:

@lies

bandname's Dogbone (w/c became Pill then Digitalis) and we play originals (pure heavy rock... with groove)

@kerby

80's = black shirt, eyeliners, wierd hairdo

Now =  black shirts, eyeliners, wierd hairdo

different music, same look :idiot2:

Oh, you're upgraded to 512 already... me, still 384 :cry2:

may i join the OT?

i was once a disc jockey at ABS-CBN's FM in Cagayan De Oro because i love music. that job has brought me to meetings and conversations with band managers and members; among them the eraserheads, the old rivermaya with bamboo then as their lead vocalist, wolfgang, grin department, side a, and many others. also radio interviews with so many movie & tv personalities. i also had a studio recording with Mr. Peter Musngi, known in the broadcast world as "Peter Rabbit", who happens to be ABS-CBN Network's prime voice over.

when i had the chance to a nighttime sideline job as sound engineer and voice over in a hotel restobar in CDO, i tried to train with drums during free time, coz i thought i was good in hitting things :cheesy: , but never did prosper, oh at least i tried  :evil6:

that's it. my inclination with music.  :smiley:

@CB

wow! conversations with those bands!? amazing!! Eheads, rivermaya, WOLFGANG!!! thats great!!!!

@becman

when i think about it, yeah, same look, but different music, and yeah, i was upgraded to 512 when my server was down for, i think 3 days, i thought it was down only because its new year, and they "down" it because of the fireworks, but after new year, still no connection, then the contractors came and open my canopy using 10.254.XXX.XXX then after that, i was upgraded to 512, but they didn't tell me.

and also, can we here some of the original songs? our band also play original songs, experimental alternative rock. hehehe.

Wow, you guys rock... :) I rarely encounter "computer guys" who're inclined with music.  I know a lot who's inclined with babes :2funny:

I've listened to some Filipino bands when I was there... I liked the music, too bad I can't understand the lyrics :(  Hope I learn your language one day since I have Filipino blood running in my veins :)

OT

@ lies & kerby

maybe i'll attach a link on my sig next time. i dont have a copy myself.

@CB

well... i wasn't expecting that one. i played w/ some of those bands. the defunct wolfgang, razorback members (manuel and miguel) got out bassist paolo and formed DRT (i'm not into their kind of music :-P)

my band plays more hardcore-heavy stuffs :twisted:. Eli (Eheads) got interested w/ us b4 and we played a few gigs at his resto. Nathan (Bamboo) jammed w/ me before w/ one of my early bands. Jet (the Dawn) handled our recording and Francis M was shortly our manager. and Mike (sandwich), Jerome (mongols) are my former bandmates even before Teeth.

@derek

Geeks rock too [nerd]. But i'm no geek. I just happen to get my first PC since the late 80's and got captivated by the black & green screen eversince. Mac was simply called Apple and ATS Supervision (3D program) was the rage back then. At work, i was referred to as "the Bully w/ the powermac" but i eventually mellowed down when i got married.  [nerdly]

@derek

i have 2 hard disk in my cpu and a cd rom

,,im planing to add a 250gb hard disk.,,im asking if my 400watts power supply can suffice the 3 hard disk in my cpu wihout the cd rom not being used,.,the cd rom will be unplug from the power supply,,its like removing the cd rom from the cpu,,can my power supply suffice all the 3 hard dsk???

thnxXx

Oh you mean, just 3 HDDs and no CD Drive.  Gotcha.. I suggest a 500W to be sure.. :D

i'm confused...do u have smartbro or fios...ur sig says fios...but all ur tests say smartbro...u post in smartbro topics...but ur profile says calif...i thought smartbro was the philippines??

where r u located and who is ur isp??

@derek

wow! a bully! hehehe. thats cool.

Yeah, but no it isn't cool.  First you think it'll be cool picking on somebody but it's not.  It's like you're picking on yourself.  I learned a lot of lessons from the guidance counselor and the principal haha..principal's office almost every day.