Post your speed from Smart Bro (wi fi)

just-

@ coolbuster

tnx man for da info.

another question...

why is it your host is different? are u using a proxy at that time of test?

no.

hi when will be the FDC be released Coolbuster, I want to have the same speed as yours..what is the specs of the PC your using?? Last thing is, if FDC will be released where can I buy it?? thanks a lot..Also pls help me with my smartbro plan 999

as posted before. FDC updates will be posted in my blog so as not to violate forum rules (coz i think its a form of advertisement)  :smile2:

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it is.

Guys don't expect more than what your ISP is advertising :)

share2-H1L5TW0YP&dual=yes&q2=8O90VXKSD

Wow, my DL's gotten lots better, finally breaking the 300 Kbps mark! As useless, my upload is still consistent.  Consistently low  :uglystupid2:

For me, I'm not actually expecting a lot from the service, just that my upload speeds be close to my download speeds  :cry: That big difference in DL/UL is apparent (i think -- I'm no expert on this) when i'm playing my online game -- lag spikes, rubberbanding.  All that is making a supposedly relaxing pastime into an exercise in patience  :angry:

share2-H1L5TW0YP&dual=yes&q2=8O90VXKSD

Wow, my DL's gotten lots better, finally breaking the 300 Kbps mark! As useless, my upload is still consistent.  Consistently low  :uglystupid2:

For me, I'm not actually expecting a lot from the service, just that my upload speeds be close to my download speeds  :cry: That big difference in DL/UL is apparent (i think -- I'm no expert on this) when i'm playing my online game -- lag spikes, rubberbanding.  All that is making a supposedly relaxing pastime into an exercise in patience  :angry:

Smart bro's Asymmetric.  Don't expect the Download and Upload to be the same.  Upload is usually half of the download. :)

But on a lighter note, your Upload Speed sucks hehehehe :P

Smart bro's Asymmetric.  Don't expect the Download and Upload to be the same.  Upload is usually half of the download. :)

But on a lighter note, your Upload Speed sucks hehehehe :P

:grin:

I'm not expecting the Upload Speed to be as high as my DL either, as you explained it's Asymmetric, but getting even half of my DL speed would be heaven by my present standards!

At least a three-digit speed please, not some double-digit 34 kbps carp! Oh wait, 034 kpbs has 3 digits too...  :cheesy:

:grin:

I'm not expecting the Upload Speed to be as high as my DL either, as you explained it's Asymmetric, but getting even half of my DL speed would be heaven by my present standards!

At least a three-digit speed please, not some double-digit 34 Kbps carp! Oh wait, 034 kpbs has 3 digits too...  :cheesy:

Right hahaha... At least a hundred kilobits maybe :D  have you checked your AP stats?

Hi guys

since there is already a few of you from Smart Bro i though it would be a good idea to create a board just for you guys to post your speed tests.

Please post only ur SPEED TEST RESULTS here

if you want to discuss tweaking or have any question

start a new thread or search though the old ones incase your question has been answered

are you on plan 999?

Go to your Canopy Webpage.

Under Tools -> AP Evaluation.

Copy Everything that's in there and paste here.

I'm one of those that have been locked out of my Canopy Webpage.  Couldn't access it using some of the techniques posted here  :sad:

Hmm, lemme read around again.  Maybe with the reset I could get in...

share2-Y6TKJNAS4

how do get from here to that speed @ jomar210

i trie dall the tweaks in here, the highest i got was 400Kbps for DL and 225Kbps for UL.

I started off with registry tweaks from speedguide.net.  My cablenut settings were determined manually from j79zlr.com, TCP optimizer works well too. I've also incorporated some of coolbuster's tips.

Please bear in mind that desired results are not achieved overnight. I patiently had to observe changes in speed through constant monitoring with registry changes over several weeks.

Take into consideration the efficiency of your system; keep it free from junk files, limit running applications to those needed -meaning optimize it.  IE6 and Firefox both have tweaks to enhance faster browsing :azn: I went as far as searching youtube for answers too.

Keep tweaking... :wink: