Cingular Edge/HSDPA

justinlay

Ive been thinking awhile of geting a Cingular air card for the laptop. I have a couple in mind. Which one would you prefer? I was going to purchase one if possible off of ebay. I already have a cingular account for my cell phone, do i still need to have a 2 year contract if i get this card??

Sierra Wireless AirCard 875

Supercharge your laptop with the Sierra Wireless AirCard 875. Quickly and easily access email, the Internet, corporate networks and business applications whether you are traveling across town, the U.S. or the world. The Sierra Wireless AirCard 875 is interoperable between Cingular's 3G BroadbandConnect and EDGE networks providing the ideal mix of coverage, performance, and reliability. Stay connected.

Global compatibility

Tri-band UMTS/HSDPA 3.6 Mbps and Quad-band EDGE Class 12

High-performance antenna in rugged housing

And

Sierra Wireless AirCard 860 PC Card Modem

The Sierra Wireless AirCard 860 gives you mobile broadband access to email, the Internet, corporate networks and business applications within Cingular's BroadbandConnect (3G) coverage area. You will also get seamless fallback to Cingular's EDGE and GSM/GPRS networks giving the optimal combination of coverage, performance and reliability in a simple, cost-efficient solution.

International capable

Quad-band, EDGE Class 10

Dual-band UMTS/HSDPA (3G)

cards that cingular offers on their site

• 1 year later...

Class 10 or class 12 talks about the GSM-GPRS class call. The network will dynamically adjust up to the maximimum based upon network loading. this is out of the users control. I dont have my 3GPP documents with me but the class difference is 10-20% change. A HSDPA call does not have a similar designation since 3G is considerably different transport.