at&t dsl

zerocool5468

so my Cox cable has been sucking for the past couple of months, well more like a year but whatever. i'm on the 4mg plan and average around 2mg. i lose my connection all the time and have to power on power off my modem to get it going again. it's just a big hassle for what i pay. anyway, i'm thinking of switching to at&t dsl. their elite package which offers 3mg-6mg looks pretty good. however, i had dsl a few years back and never got anywhere close to the advertised speeds. what do you guys think? any input on this would be appreciated, thanks.

btw i live in fayetteville, arkansas. if that means anything as far as finding a main office.

Well, if Cox is really that bad in Fayetteville, I'd switch, especially considering AT&T is much cheaper.  With DSL, whether or not you will get close to advertised speeds is pretty much dependant on how far you are from the central office.

BTW, I live in Conway, AR, and we only have two broadband options here.  Conwaycorp (local cable company), and AT&T.

Check out my topic here.

DSL is much better now, with remote dslams. People usually get around 5.5 - 5.8 Mbps on AT&T elite package.

Yeah, what he said.  There's not a tool on AT&T's website that tells you how far away you are from the central office, but you can look for it while driving around town.  It's the place where all the AT&T trucks are parked.  :lol:

Yeah, what he said.  There's not a tool on AT&T's website that tells you how far away you are from the central office, but you can look for it while driving around town.  It's the place where all the AT&T trucks are parked.  :lol:

he doesnt event need that, there is a remote DSLAM probably on the street corner.