FiOS. Just keeps getting better

Claernce

Well I have to say I second that :

Last Result:

Download Speed: 23595 kbps (2949.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 4942 kbps (617.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

If you are using CableNut to tweak your internet connection use this Verizon-FiOS-Tweak.ccs file that I have attached below. This thing increased my speeds tremendously. As you can see from the results above. Excellent speeds.

Regards, VyraX  [geek-small]

:cry:

I'm afraid I didn't get the results I had hoped for. I used the Dallas server and clocked at around 8.5Mbps. I went to Speedtest.net and got these results:

81771651.png

I came back to Testmy.net and tried the dual test again and received slightly better results than my first posted speeds. No complaints, though. Thanks for the CableNut Tweak.

share-YLUJXI2MC&dual=yes&q2=BTQLUEZYR

Using network bridge..

It tests a bit faster using just one NIC, but overall file downloading seems better using 2 NIC's through the bridge  :shrug:

::::::::::.. Download Stats ..::::::::::

Download Connection is:: 28974 Kbps about 29 Mbps (tested with 12160 kB)

Download Speed is:: 3537 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2007/02/03 - 5:29am

Bottom Line:: 505X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 0.29 sec

Tested from a 12160 kB file and took 3.438 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Looks Great : -100 % faster than the average for host (verizon.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-984Z7XVJB

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.2; WOW64; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30)

Still can't complete the upload test under x64 XP/IE7 :shrug:

:headbang:  [glow=red,2,300]FIOS![/glow]  :headbang:

Edit:  I've been using the FIOS optimizer from Verizon, and it seems to work perfect...

Does anyone have a .css file for 30/5?  I've tried the stock one, but it doesn't work as well as the Verizon tool..

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 30213 Kbps about 30.2 Mbps (tested with 12160 kB)

Download Speed is:: 3688 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2007/02/03 - 6:02am

Bottom Line:: 527X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 0.28 sec

Tested from a 12160 kB file and took 3.297 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Looks Great : -100 % faster than the average for host (verizon.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-3IHOTEZ6V

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.2; WOW64; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30) [!]

I adjusted the css file for PPPOE, and 30/5, and it seems to work pretty good..

Questions for Voltageman and VyraX.

The both of you are turning in some amazing speeds. Do you both subscribe to the 15 down, 2 up service or are you buying the 30 down, 5 up package? If your answer is the former, what is and where can I find the Verizon optimizer to which you refer? If your answer is the latter, your speeds makes sense. Otherwise, I am astounded. I thought the throughput was governed by Verizon and it would be impossible to exceed those limits.

The both of you are turning in some amazing speeds. Do you both subscribe to the 15 down, 2 up service or are you buying the 30 down, 5 up package? If your answer is the former, what is and where can I find the Verizon optimizer to which you refer? If your answer is the latter, your speeds makes sense. Otherwise, I am astounded. I thought the throughput was governed by Verizon and it would be impossible to exceed those limits.

Voltageman is on the 30/5 package

VyraX seems is on the 15/2

Vyrax 15mb = 1,831.05KBps and he is getting 2949.4KBps

so more towards a 20Mb connection

i dont know what speed file he tested on

but still nicely tweaked :)

I'm on the 30/5 as Just stated..

I get full speeds 24/7 365 days a year.  We have had it over a year now I think, and I have yet to have one slowdown/outage.  The only problem I had was when I upgraded the firmware on my router, and that was resolved in 3 minutes with tech support.

I get comments on gaming servers all the time...When I play in BF2 servers in NY, people have asked if I live in the server, because I will have a ping of like 5-7ms.  :evil6:

Voltageman i had some friends of mine who played with my counter strike source

and they had pings of 5 to 10 ms

and they actually lived inside the server

no im joking they were on the same campus as the server compared to us with 30 to 50 ms pings on the internet

::.. testmy.net test results ..:::

Download Connection is:: 9361 Kbps about 9.36 Mbps (tested with 12160 kB)

Download Speed is:: 1143 kB/s

Upload Connection is:: 626 Kbps about 0.6 Mbps (tested with 1013 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 76 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2007/02/03 - 10:06am

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-YMF62ILVX

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-3SJVOKPEU

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.1) Gecko/20061204 Firefox/2.0.0.1 [!]

holy smoke! thats some speed guys  :smitten:

The max i will ever get on ADSL2+ unless i move is ~16mb

I just can wait for VDSL or our cable operators to hurry with the speed increase!

5mb up would be brilliant!

fiber NTL will this year increase their speed to 20Mbps maybe even 50

but 20 for sure

and in a few years with the release of Docsis3.0 u will see 100Mbps from ntl

It will be an increase when NTL:Telewest merge with Virgin, As Virgin Media!

I hope they do the full 50mb? Anyone know what the upload will be like?

a bit off this topic now

no i dont know

but i would imagine 5Mb is they do a 50

but dont count on 50 really man

lots of people complain about the 10mb

their national backbone is not great

with 20mb lots of people are going to go mad

i just hope they dont impose bandwidth restrictions

Yep sorry thread starter for going OT!

But, yep with the 20Mb trials people said that they were getting slow speeds on the torrent ports..

Some said they couldnt get 5mb etc etc!

But hopefully they will sort it out, Even tho' their main competition is now from BSkyB, However they do have a wee advantage - its back to Cable vs DSL!

vyrax is on 20/5 and its DHCP

Yes this is true, I got the 20down/5up package from VerizoN.

Here is the thing that is weird I requested the Business Dynamic Package from them. It has all major ports blocked. For me I'm confused because its the exact same thing as the residential dynamic package. The thing is the residential is cheaper.

You would think the business dynamic package would have open ports. Kinda odd if you ask me.

Not sure but maybe they guarantee the speeds more with a business class line? Anyone know?

:icon_pale: