Need driver info about an old scanner!

ratchet

I just received an email from a friend who purchased a Dell PC just before xmas.  It came with a free printer so he isn't quite ready to purchase an all in one printer.  I don't know make or model, however, his question was "... that he had found the scanner drivers online, for Windows 95 & 98, would they work with XP?"  Thank You!

Have you tried Driverguide.com?

I just received an email from a friend who purchased a Dell PC just before xmas.  It came with a free printer so he isn't quite ready to purchase an all in one printer.  I don't know make or model, however, his question was "... that he had found the scanner drivers online, for Windows 95 & 98, would they work with XP?" Thank You!

It was a visioneer. Good scanner too.

Was it a visioneer 7200? 

As far as driver support it is going to be hit or miss...  Depending if the company allowed MS to bundle the Driver into XP it might work...  He would have to find a program that would manage his scans..

I just received an email from a friend who purchased a Dell PC just before xmas.  It came with a free printer so he isn't quite ready to purchase an all in one printer.  I don't know make or model, however, his question was "... that he had found the scanner drivers online, for Windows 95 & 98, would they work with XP?"   Thank You!

Depends on the scanner make and connection type, if it's usb ,you stand a good chance of using it with Xp,

I have never found win 95-Me drivers that work with Xp , but win 2000 drivers normally do work ok

First port of call to the scanner makers home page -support  , a lot of  identical scanners were sold under different names ,