help!!!please read!!!

destructionfever

I added memory to my computer today and now the computer starts but there is no picture on the monitor.  I am not sure that my connections/cables are connected correctly.  I have an ATA serial cable, two black cables (P9 and P10) and have tried all of the combinations I can think of, but nothing is working

This is the problem??? Added memory? And the computer doesn't work? Why you don't remove the added memory? The computer will work. The problem will disappear. You will reboot again your computer and might think of diagnosing it yourself, or sending it to a tech guy.

lol. It was the last thing I thought of...I finally figured out that the ram cards needed to snap in further. It scared the hell outta me until I fixed it. But now my PC is has 2.50 GB of ram and is running like a beast. While I was out picking up ram I picked up a new notebook. It's an hp dv9230us notebook PC. Here are the specs on my notebook. How did I do picking out the notebook?  Oh,by the way...I bought two 1 GB sticks of DDR400 PC3200 sticks of memory and the brand was centon from comp USA. I know I could've gotten it cheaper but I got a 30 dollar mail-in-rebate for each card purchased. http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/HP-Pavilion-17-Widescreen-Notebook-PC-DV9230US/sem/rpsm/oid/169877/catOid/-12963/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

lol. It was the last thing I thought of...I finally figured out that the ram cards needed to snap in further. It scared the hell outta me until I fixed it. But now my PC is has 2.50 GB of ram and is running like a beast. While I was out picking up ram I picked up a new notebook. It's an hp dv9230us notebook PC. Here are the specs on my notebook. How did I do picking out the notebook?  Oh,by the way...I bought two 1 GB sticks of DDR400 PC3200 sticks of memory and the brand was centon from comp USA. I know I could've gotten it cheaper but I got a 30 dollar mail-in-rebate for each card purchased. http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/HP-Pavilion-17-Widescreen-Notebook-PC-DV9230US/sem/rpsm/oid/169877/catOid/-12963/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

This is exactly what I was going to suggest, although Tommie did already. It is a easy mistake to make. I did and it flipped me out.  :grin2:

Well after all said and done I can't suggest anything on the problem  :icon_scratch: now but you shop like my wife. Go for one thing and come back with a few bags :nono:, but she's my wife. :smitten:

Yeah, it was my wife who wanted the notebook. But boy am I glad she got it. By the way...I have media center on the notebook but I can't figure out how to get it hooked up to a turner after I installed it. Any suggestions? Thanks. :smiley:

Maybe their all alike. The only way I would is use a router for more than one PC and if the laptop has wireless you can use a wireless router.