HughesNet Equipment Question!

rjventre

I have been having a lot of problems with my HughesNet service lately, so much so that the Tier 4 tech Support is considering sending an installer out to replace my dish with a .98m. I currently am on the Small Office plan with an HN7000s modem and a .74m oval DirecWay dish with a 2 watt buck. So, my question is what advantages will I gain with the .98m dish, considering I already have a 2 watt buck on my .74m? Also if anyone has a pic of what the .98m dishes look like, please post the pic or the link. Thanks!

Ghostmaster, thanks for the reply. This might sound like a dumb question, but what is RSL? As far as the problems that I am having; well, what can I say. I have had every problem under the sun. My case has been open with Hughes since Jan. 12, 2007. My rate code changes every few seconds, my upload won't get above 50kbps during the day(even worse at night), my download won't get above 750kbps, also during the day. Whatever happened, happened within an hour or so, because before I started having these problems, my speeds were always above the advertised speeds (1.5mbps down and 300kbps up). Even at night the speeds were great, and now nothing but trouble all of a sudden. What do u think the problem is?

what is RSL? As far as the problems that I am having; well, what can I say. I have had every problem under the sun. My case has been open with Hughes since Jan. 12, 2007. My rate code changes every few seconds, my upload won't get above 50Kbps during the day(even worse at night), my download won't get above 750Kbps, also during the day. Whatever happened, happened within an hour or so, because before I started having these problems, my speeds were always above the advertised speeds (1.5Mbps down and 300Kbps up). Even at night the speeds were great, and now nothing but trouble all of a sudden. What do u think the problem is?

Well here are the facts that anyone has to go on,

"I currently am on the Small Office plan with an HN7000s modem and a .74m oval DirecWay dish with a 2 watt buck."

As for RSL it is the signal and that can vary a little but only drastically if something crosses the signal path.

"Rate Code" changing every few seconds, highly unlikely.

Before a good diagnosis can be accomplished there are other things that need to be known and you need to know, like driving a car (browsing on the internet) and without knowing how all the controls (your Hughes system) works.

1) http://192.168.0.1/ with give you information about your system kind of like a owners manual.

2) http://192.168.0.1/fs/advanced/advanced.html is all the things under the hood of the system.

You need to familiarize yourself with the first and the second somewhat, there is information in advanced that my be needed for diagnosis.

Speed tests, some of these need to be posted from Hughes or here, TMN. Hughes will only recognize problems from testing done on their site http://customercare.myhughesnet.com/ > lower left "Speed Test"

Also your RSL (signal) and ACP will need to be posted, this is your homework for now and the information you can find for us will help us help you.  :smiley:

Some more good information can be found here also,

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/satellite