SBC DSL? CHEAP BOTH WAYS! I NEED HELP

trykie

hi, i've been having a problem for over 3 months already and the damn customer service dont even know what they are doing!

my problem is: i lose connection very often, but my speedsteam 4100 has all its lights on green.

the only way for me to fix this problem is to shut off the computer and press off then on to the modem and then restart the computer.

ITS GETTING SO ANNOYING THAT IM JUST SITTING HERE FOR 10 HOURS STRAIGHT LOOKING FOR A WAY TO FIX IT!

customer service is no help, i called them 4 times already and they all say different things, i had a sbc guy come over and check the cables and he said it was all fine.. blah lbah blha

AND HELP?!

Are you using a router? Im just guessing here (trying to help although I may be of none) try entering your modem or routers setup (whichever your user name and password is stored in) and make sure that it is set to keep your connection alive. Also if you are using a router they did a recent update, you no longer need to keep your user name and password in the router. You can now leave your modem on normal mode (instead of bridged) and set the router to automatic configuration. Before this would not work. Give me some more info on your setup please.

Also do you have your filters installed correctly? Im sure you do just trying to hit all the lil stuff.

not too be a smart-bum..

but you do have the latest drivers right?  and have you thought about updating to XP SP2?

also, i personally use a TCP Optimizer from speedguide.net

https://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

maybe one of your default settings was changed (?) Its a pretty small program thats simple to use.  Took my 3 meg connection to a consistent 4.2M

all too often when something happens, we assume its a large problem.  always good to check the smaller things first :)