att dsl

zerocool5468

There are plenty of rednecks and smartasses on here, but we all just laugh, have fun, and get along! :-)

reminds me of an old quote..."cant we all just get along?" but no, i aint hatin on anyone, and i know you aint hatin on me, im just givin ya a hard time, its what i do best, im a smartass, always have been and always will be, some like it and others dont know how to take me, so again, my apologies bro.

who said anything about a redneck? lmao....although i am a former redneck, i consider myself to be a redneck in disguise...lol...and i did grow up on a pig farm, then moved to the city....buty hey, we are getting off topic here and now i forgot what the topic was supposed to be anyway so oh well, to hell with it...like 2pac once said, "i aint mad at ya"

I might look into that...... I have an AT&T cell phone, and sometimes the signal isn't good here (rural area).

I dont have to get a Sprint phone, right?  I can just get their USB modem and sign up for their data service?

One more question.....What's the monthly CAP?    Its 12.5gb month for Hughes.

Did someone say rednecks and smartasses?  :smiley: Anyway yes I use the USB U720 model sith sprint service. $59.95 presently. And for me way better than satelite. The upload is decent also.

I get up to 600, and no bouncing off of sats for internet. Cell phone waves.

just checked. No coverage for where I live. (coverage area area was in Grey, not Orange).

Next option, please . . . :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Did someone say rednecks and smartasses?  :smiley: Anyway yes I use the USB U720 model sith sprint service. $59.95 presently. And for me way better than satelite. The upload is decent also.

I get up to 600, and no bouncing off of sats for internet. Cell phone waves.

A note on "knowing" your speeds, after a while using a fast connection regular, you do get the feel for it, I have tested here so much that I can honestly say that while watching the progress bar during the test, I can usually come within 500Mb before the test is complete.

When normally surfing, I can tell when there's an increase, pr decrease in my speed. I'm on TWC 15/7 which for what I do, and what I have here is great , other then the upload of course that whole thing is a scam if you ask me. The damn upload should match the download.

But either way, when a page doesn't simply appear in less then the blink of an eye, I know there's an issue. So all I'm saying is from where I sit, it is possible to know what your speed is after a while. I will attest to that.

Now I'm not on dsl, but I have been, and the connection was very stale and reliable.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 14228 Kbps about 14.2 Mbps (tested with 12288 kB)

Download Speed is:: 1737 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2009/06/22 - 4:14am

Bottom Line:: 248X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 0.59 sec

Tested from a 12288 kB file and took 7.075 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 156.96 % faster than the average for host (rr.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-YQ1X089PO

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_5_7; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.28.3 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.2.3 Safari/525.28.3 [!]

You are EXACTLY RIGHT ! ! !

When using the connection you have, you have a pretty good idea of what speed you're running at.

And you're right, if a webpage I know should be loading fast doesn't come in at the blink of an eye, I know something's wrong.

Thanks for the analogy!

A note on "knowing" your speeds, after a while using a fast connection regular, you do get the feel for it, I have tested here so much that I can honestly say that while watching the progress bar during the test, I can usually come within 500Mb before the test is complete.

When normally surfing, I can tell when there's an increase, pr decrease in my speed. I'm on TWC 15/7 which for what I do, and what I have here is great , other then the upload of course that whole thing is a scam if you ask me. The damn upload should match the download.

But either way, when a page doesn't simply appear in less then the blink of an eye, I know there's an issue. So all I'm saying is from where I sit, it is possible to know what your speed is after a while. I will attest to that.

Now I'm not on dsl, but I have been, and the connection was very stale and reliable.

::::::::::.. Download Stats ..::::::::::

Download Connection is:: 14228 Kbps about 14.2 Mbps (tested with 12288 kB)

Download Speed is:: 1737 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2009/06/22 - 4:14am

Bottom Line:: 248X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 0.59 sec

Tested from a 12288 kB file and took 7.075 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 156.96 % faster than the average for host (rr.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-YQ1X089PO

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_5_7; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.28.3 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.2.3 Safari/525.28.3

well then i will stand corrected. like i said before in some of my other posts, im still kinda new to all this, so yes, i have some learning to do still, and thats why i joined this site, lots of helpful info and ppl here.

And we need people like you !  :smile2:

why is that, so that you all look even smarter? lol...jk...i can understand. cuz i need ppl like you all to constantly correct and inform me of my mistakes and misconceptions. so, thanks!

:haha: :haha: nah, just sitting in from of a machine for years on end will do this to you , my posts get smashed all the time, no worries. :evil6:

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...