Le_Murphant

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

granpa Dude! I fixed it for you. Bet you thought you were loosing it. :haha:

Coknuck:  Thanks for fixing my post.  Last I saw it was all in the

quote box.  I guess thats why Aggr3 thought I was nuts.  I did too

when I looked at it this last time.  :haha: :haha: :haha:  :o :o.

Yeah grandpa, the tent blew away.  :angel:

And remember Roco,we decided that the US had flavored up the English language, and then called it American, as long as we get to keep it.  :knuppel2:

And when they change it to an immigrant language, I am moving in with you in the UK.  :wink2:

These should be the suspenders for britches and you may see this lovely model sporting them. And yes girls wear them as much as men these days.

tommie,

Did you see earlier the older guys had Coknuck spinning around all confused  :huh:

didn't seem to know who posted what  :idiot2:

What's with that?

It would appear coknuck is a new mod on here. Or is that a new sheriff in town.

Congrats coknuck :thumbsup:

You know the new kids on the block, everybody picks on them.  :wink:

Thanks on that Paladin , I finally got it straight on that,

suspenders USA, for holding up trousers

Braces UK for holding up trousers ,

suspenders in the UK ( full name -suspender belt ) for holding up female hosiery as in pic in Tommies post 39, ,

LOL Garters , That is a word that has just about disappeared in the UK ,

indeed for holding up socks, remember them well as a kid , also the embarrassment of having my gloves sown to elastic threaded through my coat ,

:lol: I have gone a little bit off topic here  :2funny:

Thanks on that Paladin , I finally got it straight on that,

suspenders USA, for holding up trousers

Braces UK for holding up trousers ,

suspenders in the UK ( full name -suspender belt ) for holding up female hosiery as in pic in Tommies post 39, ,

LOL Garters , That is a word that has just about disappeared in the UK ,

indeed for holding up socks, remember them well as a kid , also the embarrassment of having my gloves sown to elastic threaded through my coat ,

:lol: I have gone a little bit off topic here  :2funny:

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:  stop it ....I remember having that done (gloves).and I was speaking w/ the wife (joking ) of doing it to my son, the other day  :2funny: he loses a pair a week .

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:  stop it ....I remember having that done (gloves).and I was speaking w/ the wife (joking ) of doing it to my son, the other day  :2funny: he loses a pair a week .

Probably the same reason Roco remembers this.

also the embarrassment of having my gloves sown to elastic threaded through my coat ,

Now why did I go XP Pro  :icon_scratch:

hey

m using window xp pro wid service pack 1

n whenever i upgrade it wid service pack 2

ma pc got hang n stops working

m facin dis prob 4rm last week

can ane 1 help me  wid dis .........

n its also workin too slow

A lot of people using older computers shouldn't even be using XP at all, but since that's the market standard and more and more software applications are requiring at least SP1 (I'm thinking about my Creative Zen Vision:M again..), a lot of people are almost forced to get it.

There was a guy in my Cisco CCNA class that worked for the IT department of some company, and they were all still on SP1 because when they went SP2, 90% of their software didn't work anymore.  SP2 isn't just a roll-up of security patches and updates, it's almost a complete overhaul of XP, and they really tightened down the security of it.  That's why when you download a file, you have to click OK or Run several times, whereas before, it just took one click.

Along with the added security, functionality on a lot of older applications has gone away, and you guessed it: older computers are pretty much devistated when it comes to running SP2.

[rant]

This is something that I learned last week when browsing the Creative Labs forum: the Zen Vision:M requires the use of MTP (Multimedia Transfer Protocol), which is Microsoft's version of PlaysForSure.  Now, MTP is only available in WMP10/11, which is only available in SP1 or above.  Creative says they just do what the market wants.  The Zen Vision:M is supposed to be direct competition to iPod Video, but here's the kicker: iTunes can be installed on any version of Windows, and the iPod can thusly be used on any version.  So if the Zen is supposed to be so superior to iPod Video, how come XP SP1 is an absolute requirement?

As I learned with all the good games being DirectX instead of OpenGL, there's only one logical solution: Microsoft pays companies to practically force the market to use Windows.  That's the only thing I can come up with.  I get 2300%--yes, 23 times--the framerate with OpenGL than I do with DirectX.  And OGL is open-source, so it can be tweaked and improved by anybody..instead of waiting however long it takes for M$ to release a band-aid to put on all the other band-aids.

[/rant]

So buy him the $.99 brown jerseys then. Used for construction mostly.  :lol: Sometimes 12 for $9.  :wink:

Can you find these gloves with the XP Pro logo on them?

I found a site that seems to have good deals on new drives with full install of XP but only the home version and IDE ATAPI Internal Hard Drives. 

http://www.compuplus.com/

Can you find these gloves with the XP Pro logo on them?

Sure, like I told my wifes son when he wanted some Nike socks. "So give me some needles and thread, I will sew it on for you."  :2funny:

As far as XP Pro, I would be willing to try it, but when I buy the next comp, it will probably have the top version of Vista on it, so no need then I guess.  :wink:

In the mean time mine all have the XP Home edition.  :grin2: