Firefox/Mozzila

Mtnfolk

Is anyone using Firefox Browser with there HNS7000? I was using it with my DW4000  not work at all get this error message

The proxy server is refusing connections

Firefox is configured to use a proxy server that is refusing connections.

Firefox is configured to use a proxy server that is refusing connections.

*  Check the proxy settings to make sure that they are correct.

*  Contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working.

I am not on a newtwork

Please help if you can.

Thanks for the reply, the reason it does not browse is that for some reason XP does not let me change the old proxy settings from DW4000 install. Now I either have to use Internet Explorer or reinstall windows. For some reason XP does not except me as Administrator, even that I am the only one using this pc. The shop that built my PC and installed XP some how screwed up and he does not know what he did wrong. Question can I reload XP and not lose all my programs.

Thanks

Private, I am at DW 4000 and Moxilla is working ok. Proxy is 127.0.0.1, port 83. If I remove proxy and port it works again but slower.

About HNS7000 I don't think there could be a problem (unless proxy settings are to be specified in the modem and not in the computer) except that you must have full control of your computer, so that you can make the necessary changes. If I got it right, you want to use Moxilla with HNS7000, right? But it doesn't work with the proxy? What if you try without the proxy? It should work, but slower. And then you have to find a workaround to have full privileges as computer administrator to be able to change settings.

About the last issue, you should just know the password for the Administrator account, log in with that account, and see what you can do there to put proxy in Moxilla.

You should also scan for any spyware/malware/viruses, might just be the case.

Hope you resolve this. Anyway, if not, contact those who set your computer up and installed the programs.