Errors at top of my speed test

tatum123

Hello everyone,

Lately when I test my speed, I always get errors at the top of my score webpage.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening, and if my score is correct.  (always concerned about spyware, malware etc.)

Here are the errors I recieved on my latest test.

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Unable to save result set in /home/testmyn/public_html/tools/test/results.php on line 430

Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/testmyn/public_html/tools/test/results.php on line 431

Warning: Division by zero in /home/testmyn/public_html/tools/test/results.php on line 473

Thanks,

Tatum

Hello,

Well this was my first post, however I have been lurking around the site for about a year. I often find that I can solve some problems if I just read others posts.  I was actually given this site by someone who works at the Verizon Fios site, and told that it is the "very best" speed test and help site around!!

As for the errors, yes they are still there. I guess they have been showing up on my test for about the last 4 months. Here is a copy of todays test.

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Unable to save result set in /home/testmyn/public_html/tools/test/results.php on line 430

Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/testmyn/public_html/tools/test/results.php on line 431

Warning: Division by zero in /home/testmyn/public_html/tools/test/results.php on line 473

As for where they came from, I just click the download at the top of the page, then go and click the link that says smart test. 

As far as I can tell, the results are still coming back correctly, since they had been showing up for quite awhile, I just thought I should report it.

Thanks again,

Tatum

Hello,

Well this was my first post, however I have been lurking around the site for about a year. I often find that I can solve some problems if I just read others posts.  I was actually given this site by someone who works at the Verizon Fios site, and told that it is the "very best" speed test and help site around!!

As for the errors, yes they are still there. I guess they have been showing up on my test for about the last 4 months. Here is a copy of todays test.

As for where they came from, I just click the download at the top of the page, then go and click the link that says smart test. 

As far as I can tell, the results are still coming back correctly, since they had been showing up for quite awhile, I just thought I should report it.

Thanks again,

Tatum

I have had those very same errors in the past. Glad you like the site and the compliment from Verizon is great. We love to hear good news, you know human nature, usually you dont hear the good news. Only the bad.. over and over. Just out of curiosity what internet browser do you use, I got those when I used older versions of Firefox. Maybe it was just coincidence.

I am pretty sure that I know what the problem is..  Currently the verizon averages are not logging for some reason or another..  So when the server goes to query the database for the average of all the test it come back with a null result set..  When it comes time to calculate the % above since there is no average it would be: (your speed / 0 ) * 100 =  % above average..

Hope that help you understand what is going on here..  I am sure that Ca3le will have this fixed shortly because you are not the only ISP affected by this problem..

Hello,

I just ran the test and the errors are still there,  here is my score 15325 Kbps or 15.3 Mbps (1871 kB/s) - here is the information at the bottom of the test.

Your connection is: 15325 Kbps or 15.3 Mbps

You downloaded at: 1871 kB/s

You are running: 267 times faster than 56K and can download 1 megabyte in 0.55 second(s)

Test Time:: 2007/02/14 - 8:32am

Test Browser and OS info: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

Diagnosis ^info^: Looks Great : -100 % faster than the average for host (verizon.net)

This was tested from a 12160 kB file and took 6.5 seconds to complete

I think the test is working correctly, I know when the test says my speeds are slow, they really do seem slow, so I do a quick clean out of "everything" then check again, if the tests are in the range listed above, then I am pretty happy that I  am getting what I am paying for at Verizon.

My daughter visits a ton of anime sites, and always gets tons of "junk" on my computer, so it is a constant job (daily) to keep this one running fast.

I really do love this site. It is the ONLY speed test that I trust.

Thanks,

Tatum-

Ive had errors too always with xplornet, im not sure why, but i have a different one that comes up

Warning: gethostbyaddr() [function.gethostbyaddr]: Address is not a valid IPv4 or IPv6 address in /home/testmyn/public_html/tools/test/main.php on line 70

just thought it might help

Thanks Swimmer -

I just finished the test, and the errors still occur at the top.

Not a big deal to me, I still think I am getting the correct results.

Just thought it would be best to report it.

Please update us if you find out what has been happening.

Tatum -

• 3 weeks later...

here is what I get

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Unable to save result set in /home/testmyn/public_HTML/tools/test/results.Phip on line 430

Warning: muscle_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid Muscle result resource in /home/testimony/public_HTML/tools/test/results.Phip on line 431

Warning: Division by zero in /home/testimony/public_HTML/tools/test/results.Phip on line 473

I just changed over to At&t Max from Sway yea!!!!!!!

I'm sure the error has to be from the new host not being in the date base.

Just wanted to let some one know..

Thanks

Sid