slow download

Guest aerodude

Guest aerodude

When ever i download anything its from 2kb/s to 7kb/s. I'm not on FAP.

Streaming is impossible.

Surfing seems fine.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 409 Kbps about 0.4 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 50 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2007/02/13 - 12:59pm

Bottom Line:: 7X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 20.48 sec

Tested from a 2992 kB file and took 59.938 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 38.77 % of your hosts average (direcpc.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-NKT5ICMG4

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.1) Gecko/20061204 Firefox/2.0.0.1 [!]

Last Result:

Download Speed: 42 kbps (5.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 36 kbps (4.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

Whats wrong?

From what I have been getting, the weather is a major factor.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 978 Kbps about 1 Mbps (tested with 5983 kB)

Download Speed is:: 119 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2007/02/13 - 2:38pm

Bottom Line:: 17X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 8.61 sec

Tested from a 5983 kB file and took 50.094 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: 90% + Okay : running at 92.7 % of your hosts average (direcpc.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-FZNLTQ1BH

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30) [!]

I had the same problem with my DW4000, download was between 8 and 45 kbps during peak times. So I upgreaded to the HN7000S and down load speed is between 200 and 300kbps. Which I believe is slow I am on the Pro plan and Hughes customer support could care less.  They have 11 birds in the air seems like they could do better. Wildblue just as bad and only have one bird.

Its been doing this a week now, thought it'd clear up by now.

Malware and spyware free? Have you done any physical checking on your system, shut off and remove all connections and look for corrosion, check the feed and see if any moisture or ice behind the mylar cover.? If nothing there are you speeds like this all the time?

Other than that there is no information for anyone to go on (example, I have a car that doesn't seem to be working right, what's wrong with it?).

Guest aerodude

Malware and spyware free? Have you done any physical checking on your system, shut off and remove all connections and look for corrosion, check the feed and see if any moisture or ice behind the mylar cover.? If nothing there are you speeds like this all the time?

Other than that there is no information for anyone to go on (example, I have a car that doesn't seem to be working right, what's wrong with it?).

rofl

that made me laugh.

uhm my computer is completely spyware/virus free.

if i unplug and touch the end.

sometimes it clears.

but i have no mylar cover (im guessing thats the grey thing over the end) the installer said there was no need for it,.

i unplug and touch the end.

sometimes it clears.

but i have no mylar cover (im guessing thats the grey thing over the end) the installer said there was no need for it,.

Do you check all coax connections, especially outside? And right you are guessing, the grey thing is called a shroud, the mylar cover is the little window sticking out of it aimed at the dish.

Touching the end and sometimes it clears could be a sign that your grounding is not right and causing a static build-up. Could be a number of things but we can't see it from our locations and mine is working fine in the middle of this snow storm.

As tommie mentioned, need more info for diagnosis.  :icon_scratch:

dw6000

2 years

wat could mess it up?

A whole lot can mess up.  First, The mylar is the plastic windows as said before my granpa.  It IS necessary as it keeps corrosion away that could interfere with transmission.  If it is the gray cover that your are talking about, it is not necessary.  All it does is provides a home to wasps.

What is your transmission error rate? Just post the data from http://192.168.0.1/fs/advanced/advanced.html.

If touching the coax connector makes the problem disappear for a while, then you definately have a grounding problem.  Static buildup with definately screw with your speeds and connection in general.