Windows Vista question

resopalrabotnick

Unless Vista is based on BSD.. then it is not going to be managing memory the same as OS X..  Vista does have SuperFetch... Which loads programs into memory depending on what programs you use the most.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/features/details/superfetch.mspx

i ment the way it caches programs in memory after they are closed. windows never use to cache programs this way before.

i ment the way it caches programs in memory after they are closed. windows never use to cache programs this way before.

Vista does use caching for memory. It unloads processes after they have run and when data for user processes is reloading into memory. With XP there was no I/O prioritization, which lead to contention for memory therefore causing lag and poor read/write performance. In Vista it implements high priority I/O and low priority I/O queues, leading to better performance. Windows SuperFetch is a key feature in memory optimization. Basically, it just manages memory better than XP.

Well I have vista on my machine it's startup is very quick though it eats up 50+/-% of my ram (1 gig) at startup. It's shutdown times are also very quick I'd have to say minimum of five times faster than XP and it starts programs much faster and while XP crashed on my usualy every two days vista hasn't crashed once yet.