This router any good?

TimPawlak

i get crappy dappy range with my wrt54g..

Much has to do with the placement of the router. The signal pattern has different shapes for both horizontal and vertical. Also by using the taller antennas it will help with range. I have read where some mounted them near of off of the ceiling. So sometimes just rotating it helps.

Its a good router, a buddy of mine has one he gets very good range with, even when using regular 54g hardware. If it is going in your room tho i would stay away from it. The blue thing in the center actually lights and spins around and is very annoying if you sleep in the same room with it.

Its a good router, a buddy of mine has one he gets very good range with, even when using regular 54g hardware. If it is going in your room tho i would stay away from it. The blue thing in the center actually lights and spins around and is very annoying if you sleep in the same room with it.

Must be something like those old war movies when they show the radar screen and the light revolves around the screen showing the antenna position. :wink:

Must be something like those old war movies when they show the radar screen and the light revolves around the screen showing the antenna position.

its exactly like that, very bright and very annoying. and you can't turn it off

I have the WPN802 Access Point http://www.netgear.com/Products/WirelessAccessPoints/WirelessAccessPoints/WPN802.aspx  which is the same chassis. The lights don't turn off, but it came with a plastic cover that you can put over the lights if you want to block them out. Using my laptop with a WG511T Wireless PC Card http://www.netgear.com/Products/Adapters/SuperGWirelessAdapters/WG511T.aspx  I get full 108 Mbps coverage throughout the house. I can even get coverage at a neighbors house which is about 200 feet away.

Guest jeffwalker9999

WIFI And Router(s) Manuf -- Access and Password Codes 

Do to the site/url that the list is at

I will not post it for public viewing here on testmy.net

If want the url / site PM me