Weird...

Sin0cide

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The QoS internet protocol is in both Windows XP Pro & Home editions. The gpedit.msc command is only a valid command under the Pro version. It is not an available command in the Home edition. You should still be able to tweak the QoS in the Home edition but not by using the gpedit.msc command. I am not sure how but I am sure QoS is able to be tweaked through the registry if you know which directory tree to look in. If you have the Home edition go into your Network Connections and right click on your connection to get the connection config box to come up. If QoS is listed there highlight it and see if you can select properties. I cannot do this unless I reinstall QoS on my other machine which I obviously do not want to do!

The QoS internet protocol is in both Windows XP Pro & Home editions. The gpedit.msc command is only a valid command under the Pro version. It is not an available command in the Home edition. You should still be able to tweak the QoS in the Home edition but not by using the gpedit.msc command. I am not sure how but I am sure QoS is able to be tweaked through the registry if you know which directory tree to look in. If you have the Home edition go into your Network Connections and right click on your connection to get the connection config box to come up. If QoS is listed there highlight it and see if you can select properties. I cannot do this unless I reinstall QoS on my other machine which I obviously do not want to do!

That's what I meant. I cna do in in the reg, but my guess it is won't do anything, or probably isn't even on or something. Plus I have no idea where to go for it and don't want to mess it up. Maybe I'lls earch around sometime.

Ok, I see that the QoS service is enabled, or checked. I guess I will check it out tonight when I get bored.

Ok' date=' I see that the QoS service is enabled, or checked. I guess I will check it out tonight when I get bored.[/quote']

Actually I would not even do that ice. Just go to the Network Connections Properties box where it was checked and make sure it is highllighted. Then all you gotta do is hit the "uninstall button" right below it.

Yes you can uninstall it completely by my procedure above. Just to give you and example the only Network Protocol I have listed in My Network Connections box is Tcp/Ip. You do not even really need Client for Microsoft Networks unless you are sharing files and printers on a in-house network and also very few ISP's require you to run it.