SLOW INTERNET SPEED

daata

hi iam using bsnl dataone broadband and the speed provided by my ISP is 2mbps ,and iam using xp sp2 and 256 mb ram but iam using avast antivirus and i have cleaned my pc alot, and also using TCP OPTIMIZER , and CABLENUT 408 VERSION BUT iam not getting proper download speed

RESUTS OF

hi iam using bsnl dataone broadband and the speed provided by my ISP is 2Mbps ,and iam using xp sp2 and 256 mb ram but iam using avast antivirus and i have cleaned my pc alot, and also using TCP OPTIMIZER , and CABLENUT 408 VERSION BUT iam not getting proper download speed

:.. testmy.net test results ..:::

Download Connection is:: 356 Kbps about 0.36 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)

Download Speed is:: 43 kB/s

Upload Connection is:: 15 Kbps about 0 Mbps (tested with 97 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 2 kB/s

Welcome to the forum daata  :welcome:

I think I have heard that name before, hmm.. maybe on Star Trek Next Gen  :icon_scratch: but anyway try using a larger download file like the 2992 kB. And what do yo mean by I have cleaned my PC (alot?) daily, weekly ? Do you know what your speeds were before the tweaks and why you tried the tweaks?

yaa i cleaned my pc daily, by using CCLEANER & iam also using SPYWARE DOCTOR ,REGISTERY FIXER to increase speed , but iam not getting proper speed , before tweaking iam getting 30 kb/s plz tell me how to increase speed by registery changes

iam totally a newbie i do not know what to do ,plz anybody help me