• I disagree
    • what is a US $
    • areTMN bucks worth saving ? Yes
    • are TMN bucks worth saving ? No

Is the dollar doomed?

Larry Elliott

December 19, 2006 3:06 PM

http://commentisfree.guardian.co.uk/larry_elliott/2006/12/dollar_crisis.html

There are plenty of big economic questions that will be answered in 2007. Will there be a global trade deal? Can the German economy shrug off the impact of higher taxes? Can China continue to grow at 10% a year? Will oil prices stay high or come crashing down? But they are all sideshows to the main event. The really crucial question for 2007 is whether it is the year when there is a run on the dollar. There are plenty of people out there - me included - who think the US currency is going to take a beating over the next 12 months.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys are gonna go to the euro soon enough...

haha, fuck no.  NEVER.  You seriously can't understand unless you live here.  There would be major riots over shit like that.  lol, seriously.  Flaming torches and all!  And i'll be leading my local riot chapter, lol

haha, fuck no.  NEVER.  You seriously can't understand unless you live here.  There would be major riots over shit like that.  lol, seriously.  Flaming torches and all!  And i'll be leading my local riot chapter, lol

dude, i do live here, well, in the colonies anyhow. i was talking about roco and his tea drinking holding-on-to-their-currency-while-europe-tries-to-crawl-out-of-the-20th-century bunch. along with denmark.

Maybe history will somehow repeat itself here.  :icon_scratch:

For years the money had been good here and some do use barter  :grin2:

But then a new group showed up  :wave: with a another system totally different  :whip2:

Ah, the Europeans were here with the goods and the Wampum was out  :sad: pushed by the dollar. Now is it the euro going to take control again :undecided:

Hi Guys

First things first , Thanks for voting ,  note, I was only quoting the opinion of a UK newspaper,  ( my view is the U.S,$  will sink , but the USA is big and strong  enough to  recover later in the year , )  I have been doing a wintertime ( bored ) survey amongst work colleges  and neighbours on how the U.SA. was viewed in Grt. Britain , in these troubled times, My questions were ,

#1  how do you feel about America and it

OK everyone , I must agree w/ cable Fuck no, If I have anything to say about it.

The Euro is the form factor of the  "new world order". As far as I am concerned , screw that , and the US dollar fluctuates way to much to try and debate on weather or not this year will be a  bad one .

Do any of you really know just how important the US economy effects the rest of the wold? Hell, most developed countries invest here, so take it home w/ your takin over shit!  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: