• I agree
    • I disagree
    • what is a US $
    • areTMN bucks worth saving ? Yes
    • are TMN bucks worth saving ? No

After reading this once more

Euro  :321::nono::thefinger::flipa:

Dollar Bill  :knuppel2::violent1::icon_salut::brave:

We will keep our American attitudes thank you. Not for sale for all the Euro's in the world.

Isn't it funny how no matter what country you go to in the world folks want to buy American money from you. It holds REAL Value. $$$

I prefer the fluctuation.  :cool::cool2::cool:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what that fella's opinion is that he wrote in that book, I am just relaying what I actually experienced in REAL life. It has "real" value in other countries. Go traveling sometime.  :wink2: They will stop you on the street to ask you to do some money trading. They actually pay more on the black market then they will give you in a bank. Just make sure you transact in the open. One fella tried to get me to go to a hotel room saying he did not have enough on his person.  :321:

Never thought I would agree with peepn but he is right. The more power a country obtains the more corruption. Just the thought of any country/state/union lasting forever is laughable. I wish it were not true but America is already seeing corruption creep up to a level that is becoming harmful to its people. The same can be said for any country right now, not gonna out last time.

You may well be right Peepn.& Shugs but it ain't going to happen overnight ,

maybe 20-50 years , and the new order will be China IMHO ,

but as a UK Cit. and I hope I know you guys well enough , the shift of power wont be a walkover , maybe a slow decline  over a 100 years  or so ,

Hunger ,and not just for food, is a powerfull tool , the West has grown soft , we have had it all , the UK faded a long time ago , America was the new star, and climbed to the top, by hunger and hard work , then sat back on it's laurels ,as Rome did many years back ,

BTW glad to see the vote for TMN bucks is climbing , anyone want to buy my share  :evil6::2funny:

You may well be right Peepn.& Shugs but it ain't going to happen overnight ,

maybe 20-50 years , and the new order will be China IMHO ,

but as a UK Cit. and I hope I know you guys well enough , the shift of power wont be a walkover , maybe a slow decline  over a 100 years  or so ,

Hunger ,and not just for food, is a powerfull tool , the West has grown soft , we have had it all , the UK faded a long time ago , America was the new star, and climbed to the top, by hunger and hard work , then sat back on it's laurels ,as Rome did many years back ,

BTW glad to see the vote for TMN bucks is climbing , anyone want to buy my share  :evil6::2funny:

I really hate to admit it, but I too see the decline. We are "Rome" in a sense. And we have fallen far enough to become the epitome of world greed, apathy, and gluttony. This country is way to young to be experiencing the issues that we have created. It's almost like "it" has become a being with it's own life. Uncontrollable at any level. The world is investing in a marketplace, not the people. We are lost in our own magnificent lifestyle. Always needing more and better, all the while our lives in general becoming more and more a disposable . Look at the way we treat our computers, Most  older computers are discarded and collected to be ravaged of there usefull parts, and shipped off to developing countries. The gold platings and other valuable metals are harvested by means of acid bathing by young and unknowing people that they are contaminating there waters and body's.

Just one example of our thirst for more, when we do not see the value in used or outdated components.

Just throw it away, theres more............right? But for how long.

BTW Roco, i'll buy into the TMN buck's  :wink:

It might happen, but it will not be as soon if we get off of the oil kick. That leasves too much power in the wrong peoples hands.

The oil kick will never stop, at least until we are completely removed from the rest of the world in our own greed and paranoia. Then the real shift in power will prevail here in the US. If we think the poor are poor now, ............there will be the elite ultra wealthy, and the desolate masses with absolutely nothing.

lol Mudmanc, was you thumping the table while writting that speach ,

BTW you aint growing a tash as well ,  :lol: only kidding Bro.most of the UK puters I work on are 1 Ghz with 256 Mb ram ,  and with a gallon of petrol  around $7.50, if you guys ever need any advice just PM me , I can talk suffering to the cows come home  :evil6:

lol Mudmanc, was you thumping the table while writting that speach ,

BTW you aint growing a tash as well ,  :lol: only kidding Bro.most of the UK puters I work on are 1 Ghz with 256 Mb ram ,  and with a gallon of petrol  around $7.50, if you guys ever need any advice just PM me , I can talk suffering to the cows come home  :evil6:

Sorry if I got outta hand , but as the wife says ,  "you're so passionate about certain things , why don't you do somthing more with it?"  :2funny:

Yea looks like were gonna be needing some advice from mama  ( you people) lots of it  :tickedoff:  :haha:

speaking of which, i saw the iron lady got bronzed. good looking piece of art, that.

and i do not believe that the nwo or whatever the current conspiracy theory calls it will ever manage to supplant the dollar with anything else. i will grant the euro a rising importance (simply because it is the principal currency of the large european market) and the yuan is not to be trifled with, but china has to do a lot of catching up before its currency becomes internationally acceptable. the regimes attitude seems to leave a somewhat bitter taste on its money.

Sorry if I got outta hand , but as the wife says , "you're so passionate about certain things , why don't you do somthing more with it?"  :2funny:

Yea looks like were gonna be needing some advice from mama  ( you people) lots of it :tickedoff::haha:

nowt wrong with passion  , it's lethargy that kills ,

we got near on 20% of our Uk population , not born here ,  :lol: Ohl I guess that includes me,  so maybe I will get sent home , yes please income tax at 5%,

trouble is I got to put up $2.5 million  to be allowed back  :evil2:

speaking of which, i saw the iron lady got bronzed. good looking piece of art, that.

total waste of good bronze , it would have been enough to cast a ships propeller ,

oh I nearly forgot she killed of our ship building industry , coal mines , steel making ,

introduced poll tax , caused for the riots on the streets of the UK, sat on the simmering Falklands war , just to gain the glory of winning it ,

had a debate on allowing cruise missiles into the UK , they had already been here for 3 months b4 , I climbed all over one when they first arrived ,

and F**ed the working classes , apart from that she was a great P.M.  :evil2:

• 1 month later...

Currently oil is traded on the world markets in Dollars. there is a silent  war to change to the euro. The dollar is under attack, which is just one out of many  reasons we are in Iraq.

Hi rw , and wellcome to the forum , that is an interesting point you made there ,

why are we in Iraq ?, apart from humanitarian reasons , there are plenty of other places in the world that have mega problems but unfortunately for them very little oil ,

is itTerrorism , ? it seems strange to me there are other hotbeds on terrorism that we are turning a blind eye too , as long as they keep pumping the oil ,

I don't think you have to fear the Euro , it isn't popular in Europe , and not used in the UK , after all it is just another way of bean counting,

Regards

Roco  UK

The Dollar is just like any other currency, its reign will not last forever. America is like every other powerhouse in the history of man, it will decline sooner or later.I just dont think it is possible for a country to become a super power and not  be corrupted by it. Sad to say.  :cry: I love my country but wonder if it is too late to turn it around.

The Dollar is just like any other currency, its reign will not last forever. America is like every other powerhouse in the history of man, it will decline sooner or later.I just dont think it is possible for a country to become a super power and not  be corrupted by it. Sad to say.  :cry: I love my country but wonder if it is too late to turn it around.

Its a little different with the dollar. The dollar can't fail because if it does the world will fail.

2/3 of all us currency is over seas. about 75% of the money that will be printed today will be sent to foreign governments. More people use dollars then anything else. the euro and British pound may be worth more but people prefer US dollar.

Its a little different with the dollar. The dollar can't fail because if it does the world will fail.

2/3 of all us currency is over seas. about 75% of the money that will be printed today will be sent to foreign governments. More people use dollars then anything else. the euro and British pound may be worth more but people prefer US dollar.

For now yes, but before the dollar became so strong you could probably say the same about the previously preferred currency. The Euro has skyrocketed since inception.