vista VS xp..is it worth it?

Junerian

I agree with Junerian.. Vista is a major improvement over XP. It actually runs faster than XP in everything it does. Anyone that says you have to have buy a brand new computer to run Vista are complete retards. If you bought anything other than a "value" computer Vista should run fine. Also, Ultimate is way cool. Has anyone tried DreamScene yet? So bad ass... :grin:

calling people " retards " shows your level of maturity, which would lead me to question the validity of your opinion of vista.  Besides , alot of people's mommies dont buy them new boxs for xmas.  :shrug:

calling people " retards " shows your level of maturity, which would lead me to question the validity of your opinion of vista.  Besides , alot of people's mommies dont buy them new boxs for xmas.  :shrug:

Agreed.

Besides, I'm the one who bough my mommy a box for xmas  :haha:

Yeah, I do (or rather did) have too much money.

For the box quality, my 2.5 y/o high-end dell laptop doesn't have the video card to run aero, and I can't upgrade it. And since people usually keep their computers more than 2 years, well yeah, many people would indeed need a new box to run it.

the annoying thing is when you try to run a program it asks you if you are sure you wanan run it..and than it asks you if you're REALLY sure..........  :idiot2:

yeah, that happens when you download and execute stuff from the net sometimes. Another thing that bugs me is that to install some programs, I always have to right-click and select "run as administrator". There's a bit too much security sometimes.

oh does anyone know how to make the desktop icons smaller....i mean a lot smaller..they are huge...the only setting i can find for this is the advanced setting in display properties & i have it all the way down to 16 as far as it will go & it barely made any difference....

Have you tried this:

Right click on desktop, click View, then choose Classic Icons. There about the same size as the small ones in XP

Nice motto. I still havent gotten my mom to understand the difference between right click and left click.

I wouldn't worry about that, my wife still has to look at her hands if you tell her to turn right or left, luckily the grandkids will point for her.  :2funny:  Now I know why she picks them up so much.  :o

I ran vista Beta 1, not good, beta 2, Rc1, rc 2 OK, im running RTM and its quite polished, i like vista, but its price tag its too high, anyway when my evaluation copy expires on May 31, i will then decide if i buy it or keep XP.

Why fight it. XP has been out for over 5 years now and MS has stopped support for Windows 98, Windows Me, and Windows XP Service Pack 1. Check out the official MS policy:

http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?LN=en-us&x=14&y=12. I feel XP slowly slipping into the grave.  :icon_salut:

So come and jump on the band wagon, and let's all enjoy a Coke and a smile.  :grin:  :uglystupid2: