anyone know what this means?

northstar518

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Lost connection to MySQL server during query in /home/testmyn/public_html/tools/test/results.php on line 323

Could not connect:

Could not connect: I don't think anything serious, just happens sometimes as far as I know.

:idea: Maybe retry.

I just tried the speed test and got that message, something with the server, batteries low?

How have your upload speeds been?

My are not good.  Although I did have a good ONE last nite.  I tried to check it again this morning, but I didn't have any luck.

I have messed around with cablenut settings for my 7000s and I found that if I have everything blank, I have a hard time to function.  I've tried to change the settings and get it to run faster.  It seems as though I had success, but maybe it's the time of day.  Night time always seems to be faster.  If you want, I can post my settings.  

Plenty of people have done right by me on this forum (like Tommie) and I'd like to continue with the good reputation of testmy.net.

That's what Tommie had told me too, when I was on my DW6000.  I tried it several times, but didn't have any good luck.  For whatever reason, cablenut worked for me.  I mainly used VanBurens cablenut settings.  They seemed to be ok.

I should play with it now that I have a 7000s.  It'll be better than not knowing, right?

Could this be the cause of my slow uploading?

TRANSMISSION INFO

Transmit Status Transmitter ready. (TxCode8) 

Number of Successful Transmissions 36969

Number of Failed Transmissions 26145

Number of Packets Submitted for Transmission 16370

You can can optimize all you want but the throughput for self hosted systems should only go up to or near your plan max when there is limited use on your transponder. As traffic increases the speed tends to slow. No one knows how much traffic there is at any given time. I haven't done any tweaks other than the usual daily cleaning and weekly defrag since I decommissioned my DW4000. The normal maintenance seems to work best for me to keep my speeds up. :smiley:

I agree with that granpa.  From everything I've been reading, alot depends on traffic and alot depends on cleaning.  I try to clean at least once a week, depends on how much time I have.

Can you give me some insight on this below?

I never had failed connections like this until the day I set up my 7000s.

TRANSMISSION INFO

Transmit Status Transmitter ready. (TxCode8) 

Number of Successful Transmissions 36969

Number of Failed Transmissions 26145

Number of Packets Submitted for Transmission 16370

upsurfer,

I have no idea what could be wrong here, it's a process of elimination. First off if you upgraded and didn't get a new power supply that could cause it. Has been noted to happen numerous times and was the last item checked many times.

More information  :idea: is needed about your HN7000S system, longitude, receive frequency, ACP and Signal Strength.